Todae Solar is Australia’s largest Commercial Solar installer having designed and installed systems on iconic buildings such as Parliament house and other unique projects for many of Australia’s leading companies. The company's projects have also won the prestigious Clean Energy Council Award for design and installation for 2012, 2013 and 2015. We are building one of the most technically advanced Commercial Solar PV engineering departments and need people like you to continue our trajectory!
Todae Solar is recruiting for a Technical & Projects Team Leader, experienced in commercial, industrial and large scale solar PV projects in Australia. We are looking for a technical, innovative and creative engineer to manage the engineering team to deliver projects and designs with the optimum quality and safety.
Main Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the quality of our technical delivery exceeds guidelines and Australian Standards
- Manage the program of projects from the technical and design point of view
- Supervise, guide and mentor an experienced team of senior and junior PV design engineers
- Coordinating with internal (Project Managers, Logistics, Installers…) and external stakeholders (Clients, suppliers, subcontractors, consultants…)
- Provide technical expertise to solve engineering and installation challenges
- Working with the Head of Engineering ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Department
- PV system design (electrical and mounting system), Bill of Materials, Engineering drawings
Essential skills required
- Dedicated design and engineering experience delivering commercial, industrial and large scale solar PV projects in Australia
- Advanced technical ability to solve engineering and installation challenges during the project development
- Demonstrated technical expertise and a history of successful projects delivered by you and your teams
- Experience in successful people and stakeholder management
- Engineering and electrical installation qualifications
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- CEC accredited
- Chartered Engineer (CPEng NPER RPEQ)
- Project Management qualifications
- Full time position based in Glebe (Sydney)
- Working with one of the most experienced engineering teams and fastest growing companies in the renewable energy sector
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Great team and company culture
- Plenty of scope for growth (in all areas of the business) for someone with the right work ethic and determination
- Immediate start
Please do not apply for this role if you don’t meet the essential skills required as requested here.
Questions that will be asked on application
- How many years of experience do you have in the solar industry in Australia and overseas?
- What is the largest project (MW) you have designed and managed in Australia?
- Are you a Chartered Engineer (CPEng NPER RPEQ)?
- Are you a PR or Australian Citizen? If not, please indicate your Visa Status.
- What is your current Salary and what are your salary expectations for this position?
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.