Approved grid-connect inverters and PV modules suitable for installation under the government rebate programs and Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) schemes
Grid-connect inverters - testing standards
Standards Australia has released three standards which are pertinent to grid connected inverter systems. These are:
- AS 4777.1 - 2005 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters Part 1: Installation requirements.
- AS 4777.2 - 2005 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters Part 2: Inverter requirements.
- AS 4777.3 - 2005 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters Part 1: Grid protection requirements.
Inverters must be tested against AS 4777.2 and 3 - 2005 (or equivalent) and AS3100 (or equivalent) by an appropriate testing laboratory.
Inverter listing process
The Clean Energy Council does not approve inverters - it is the electrical safety office which is responsible for approving inverters used in its jurisdiction. Approved inverters should have a Certificate of Suitability number and a date of testing. The testing date should be less than 5 years old.
The Clean Energy Council does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice). The information provided here is done so on the basis that all persons using the information undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content. Please note carefully that Certificates of Suitability may no longer be current. Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information at email@example.com
You can submit an application online or by email to the Accreditation section containing;
- Copy of the Certificate of Approval/Suitability
- Copy of the corresponding Test Reports
To apply to have an inverter included on the list please click here
Click here to view the current approved grid-connect inverters.