- 06 September, 20182018-09-06T09:30:00
- 9:30 AM 2018-09-06T09:30:00 - 4:00 PM 2018-09-06T04:00:00
- PwC, Brookfield Place, Level 15, 125 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Growth in energy storage has revealed new opportunities and key challenges for the Australian market. The Clean Energy Council presents a series of events assessing the evolving regulatory framework, consumer markets, large scale projects, and the role battery storage can play on the electricity network.
9.30am - 10.30am Political speakers:
- The Hon. Bill Johnston MLA, Minister for Mines and Petroleum
- Jessica Shaw MLA, Member for Swan Hills
11.00am - 1.00pm Renewable energy in the mining industry
Get some real-life examples from the experts working on solutions for managing electricity demand within the mining industry. With examples from Pilbara Minerals and SolarReserve, hear about the technologies being used and where to next for the use of storage solutions in mining.
- Session chair, Alison Morley, Head of Business Development, Western Power
- Ken Brinsden, Managing Director, Pilbara Minerals
- Samantha Smart, Director|Energy & Resources|Corporate|Governance, PWC
- Daniel Thompson, Vice President of Development, SolarReserve
- Attilio Pigneri, CEO, H2U
- Samantha McGahan, Business Development Manager, VSUN Energy
2.00pm - 3.00pm New grid paradigms
This session will focus on the role that energy storage can play in modern grids. From enabling higher penetration of renewables, to managing system reliability our speakers will provide an insight into the solutions and use cases for energy storage including standalone power systems, community powerbanks, microgrids, orchestrating solar PV, batteries and customer appliances, and the potential to reduce costs of electricity infrastructure in residential land developments.
- Session Chair, Dr Jill Cainey, Regulatory Affairs Director, S&C Electric Australia Pty Ltd
- Dean Sharafi, Group Manager System Management, AEMO
- Peter Kerr, Executive Manager - Growth, Western Power
- Andrew Blaver, Manager DER Customer Solutions, Horizon Power
3.00pm - 4.00pm Putting the customer at the centre
As smart technologies and disruption play an increasing role in the energy sector, it’s more important than ever to focus on the end customer. This session will focus on the role that energy storage can play in an intelligent energy future, the importance of an orderly transition and will look at the impact for customers in Synergy’s technology trials.