On Sunday 21 October, ten wind farms around Australia will be throwing open their gates to the public for a range of fun and informative open day events.
Snap a pic of you and a wind farm for your chance to win
Take a photo of you and a wind farm, post it to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and tag #windfarmopenday for your chance to win one of five $100 Visa Gift Cards and a coveted Australian Wind Alliance 'I'm a big fan' t-shirt.
Please be respectful and adhere to public accesses granted by wind farms operators.
Competition opens October 8 and closes 11.59 pm 21 October.
Terms and conditions of entry
- Instructions on how to enter and prize information form part of these Terms and Conditions. The promoter is Clean Energy Council Pty Ltd (ABN 84 127 102 443) of 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, 3000.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged by a panel of two or more representatives from either the Clean Energy Council or the Australian Wind Alliance, based upon individual creative merit. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only amateur photographers are eligible to enter the Promotion. An amateur photographer is defined as any photographer who earns less than $10,000 a year from the sale of photographs or photographic services. Entry is open to persons who are residents of Australia and aged 18 years and over. Only one entry is permitted per person. Employees of the Promoter or any of the wind farms participating in Wind Farm Open Day and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- To enter, entrants must submit an original photo of a wind turbine/wind farm in Australia (the content) labelled with #windfarmopenday between 8 and 21 October 2018. Entries close 11:59 pm AEST 21 October 2018.
- Entries must be submitted through the entrant's own social media account. Multiple entries of the same photo will be disqualified. Entrants must also ensure that any images submitted are taken in accordance with public accesses granted by wind farm operators. Entrants must warrant that the submission of the Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Entrants must warrant that the Content they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- There are five prizes each consisting of a $100 Visa gift card and an Australian Wind Alliance t-shirt, with a total value of $120. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Promoter has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Entrant grants to the Promoter and the Australian Wind Alliance licence to use, reproduce, edit and distribute for third party use material submitted in for association with Wind Farm Open Day and or any other promotion, marketing or publicity purposes.
- Entries will be judged at the Clean Energy Council offices on 24 October 2018. The winners will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Prizes can only be sent to addresses in Australia.
- The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform Operator. The Clean Energy Council agrees, and each Entrant must agree to adhere to the terms and conditions and promotions guidelines of each Social Media Platform Operator which are available to view online on their social media platforms.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the competition without notice. The Promoter is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or inconsequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this competition or the use of, or participation in, the prize.