The Clean Energy Council has established a Women in Renewables initiative that aims to achieve a better gender balance at all levels of the renewable energy industry. We will update this page with future Women in Renewable events.
Developing Women Directors - scholarship
Congratulations to Nicola Wilkins from Downer, the recipient of the latest schoalrship, announced at the CEC Annual General Meeting on 18 November 2016. Nicola has spent the past 15 years building a renewable energy career that has spanned consulting, international development, an MBA in renewable energy, PV system design, and start-up experience. You can read more in our media release.
For more information on the scholarship please visit the scholarship page.
If you would like to be notified of future scholarship rounds, please subscribe to the Women in Renewables mailing list.
Women in Renewables profiles
The Clean Energy Council is running a series of profiles on our website to highlight the fantastic work being done by women in different parts of the renewable energy sector. The first of these can be accessed below.
Ideas from past events
The Clean Energy Council held two lunch events in 2015 where attendees networked and came up with ways for women to build their profiles in the industry. The key ideas that have come out of the events are:
- A mentoring program for women in renewables
- Support more diversity in conference speakers, and if necessary train potential women speakers
- Ensure good workplace policies that support flexible working hours and options for parents as well as equality in policy language
- Reach out to students to help them get started in our industry
- Start undertaking baseline measurements of women’s participation in the sector at all levels
- Link our group to other relevant women’s groups
If you have other ideas to add, feel free to discuss them at a future event or get in touch with Rebecca Varcoe.
The Clean Energy Council is committed to a policy of no all-male panels at our key conference events in 2016. We’ll also be creating representation targets that are ambitious but achievable.
We will be calling for speakers in the coming months for the Wind Industry Forum which will be held in Melbourne in early 2017. If you or someone you know has an interesting topic or project to speak about at the event we encourage you to apply. Watch this space for the opening of applications.
Join our women in renewables mailing list
To make sure you receive the latest updates on what the group is doing and invites to our Women in Renewables events please sign up to our dedicated mailing list.
We're please to have EcoGeneration as a media partner for the Women in Renewables initiative
- Women on boards
- Mentor case studies, Women on boards
- Women in leadership, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Gender equality blueprint, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Women's Leadership Institute Australia
- Women and Leadership Australia
- Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Women
- National Foundation for Australian Women
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency