The Clean Energy Council's annual Women in Renewables Scholarship aims to support a female employee from a CEC member company to complete the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Foundations of Directorship course.
The Clean Energy Council (CEC) is committed to improving gender diversity in the renewable energy industry, including on boards as directors. To support this goal the CEC is proud to be offering the third annual Women in Renewables Scholarship.
The CEC has established an annual scholarship to support a female employee within a CEC member company to undertake the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Foundations of Directorship course.
It is expected that this initiative and training will help develop an increasing pool of potential candidates for board roles with the CEC and other clean energy sector entities.
The Foundations of Directorship course is designed to provide an overview of the duties and responsibilities of directors. It is for people who are not yet directors. For further course details click here.
Along with payment for the course, the successful applicant will receive a one‑year membership to the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
The successful candidate will also be offered mentoring by a relevant CEC Director and invited to present to the CEC board on the learnings from the course, the candidate's plans for pursuing non-executive director roles and recommendations on further initiatives the industry can take to encourage and develop women into senior executive and non-executive roles in the clean energy industry.
Eligibility and selection criteria
The successful applicant will meet the following selection criteria:
- Be a current employee of a CEC member company or be a CEC Accredited Installer
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the clean energy sector
- Possess demonstrated leadership potential and capability in the renewable/clean energy industry
- Proven capacity to think strategically and add value
- Have, at a minimum, basic financial literacy
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this scholarship, please submit the following:
- A document addressing the above selection criteria and detailing why you seek this opportunity.
- A copy of your current curriculum vitae
- A letter from a referee of no more than two pages that:
- Attests their confidence in your ability to successfully complete the requirements of the course
- Explains how this course will support your career progression
- Shares anything else they may deem relevant to your application
Applications must be submitted here, before midnight AEDT on Sunday 15 October 2017. The successful applicant will be announced at the Clean Energy Council Annual General Meeting on Thursday 30 November 2017.
For more details click here.
Further information on the Foundations of Directorship course can be found on the Australian Institute of Company Directors website.
If you would like to discuss the scholarship, please feel free to contact Nicola Beavan via email@example.com or on 03 9929 4138.
The 2017 Women in Renewables Scholarship was awarded to Nicola Wilkins from Downer. Nicola has worked in the renewable energy industry for 15 years in roles spanning consulting, international development and PV system design. She has also completed an MBA in renewable energy.