The Clean Energy Council has a Code of Conduct that provides an ethical framework for the conduct of members' businesses and other activities.
The Code of Conduct defines how Clean Energy Council members are to relate to industry, government, employees, suppliers and the community.
The Clean Energy Council requires that members operate in a professional manner, and with the highest level of commercial integrity.
Compliance with the Code of Conduct will build trust between members and other parties.
Member businesses are to contribute positively to the clean energy industry according to the objectives of the Clean Energy Council.
Members are to be respected and welcome in the communities where they do business.
Members will demonstrate to clients, the community and government that they uphold best practice principles, standards and a commitment to continuous improvement.
This can only be achieved by working within a Code of Conduct.
Every Clean Energy Council member is an industry ambassador.
This Code of Conduct provides a common behavioural framework for all Clean Energy Council members. Together with the Vision and Mission it is a key part of the Clean Energy Council culture.
The Code of Conduct is not intended to be all-encompassing. There are areas in which the Clean Energy Council expects members to develop detailed policies in accordance with their local requirements. The Code of Conduct provides a set of guiding principles to incorporate with whatever additional local policies are required in businesses.
First and foremost the Clean Energy Council serves its members.
As a member of the Clean Energy Council I will:
- contribute proactively to a clean energy future for Australia by demonstrating sustainable practices
- demonstrate commitment to best practice and continual improvement of the industry including participation in voluntary guidelines and accreditations
- conduct my business generally in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State in which I operate
- compete fairly in the markets in which I operate
- work safely and apply industry best practice to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, clients, suppliers and communities
- aim to bring long-term benefits to the industry, rather than short-term advantage for individuals
- co-operate with and support the Clean Energy Council to achieve its corporate objectives
- show respect for the diverse range of people and cultures with whom I work and for their human rights
- not be involved in corrupt practices, bribery, discrimination or similar improper behaviour
- refrain from making representations (media, government, other) on behalf of the Clean Energy Council
- act ethically and with integrity, decency and respect for the community and the environment
- perform and comply with any variation or amendments to the Code of Conduct made at any time by the Clean Energy Council.
I recognise that if the Board of the Clean Energy Council determines that I have breached any principle of the Code of Conduct, my membership may be suspended or terminated by the Board at its discretion.