- Influence ongoing energy market reform
- Lead the CEC Grid and Market Directorates
- Enjoy work/life balance working with a passionate, motivated team in the CBD
The key objectives of the Director, Energy Transformation are to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the CEC's electricity market and network policy work through the CEC Grid and Market directorates.
- Influence ongoing energy market reform processes and initiate new policy reform processes aimed at alleviating network and market related barriers to renewable energy integration.
- Communicate network and market related issues and outcomes through meetings, weekly member updates, e-bulletins, member correspondence and public speaking opportunities.
- Make significant contributions to CEC media and communications on issues relating to networks and electricity markets.
- Maintain proactive member engagement and high quality policy advice to play a key role in delivering member value.
- Maintain relationships with advisors, bureaucrats and other key stakeholder groups such as politicians as appropriate.
- Provide policy support to other CEC technology areas as required, including the CEC events and communications teams on a regular basis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An in-depth understanding of the Australian energy market, energy policy and related technical issues.
- Highly developed policy skills, including proven capacity to develop timely strategic and technical policy advice and solutions.
- Strong technical depth coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and capacity to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Australia's electricity networks and markets.
- Understanding of electricity market reform and policy processes in Australia.
- Experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Tertiary qualification in an energy-related discipline, preferably renewable energy, economics or engineering.
In return, for your professionalism, experience and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- friendly and supportive team
- strong work/life balance
- passionate and driven, value-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we want to hear from you! Please apply by sending a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 December 2017.
* Only successful applicants will be notified