- Strategic policy and program development role in the Clean Energy Industry
- Work with a hardworking, friendly and passionate team
- Immediate start, three days per week
- Melbourne CBD location
Reporting to the EGM Industry Development, the Director of Workforce Development and Transition leads advocacy, program and policy development in relation to workforce development and transition matters across utility-scale, small scale and supporting industries in the renewable energy sector.
Key objectives for the role are:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the workforce and skills needs of the clean energy sector, through research, analysis and engagement with industry and stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of the CEC’s workforce development and transition policy, including a position statement/policy roadmap.
- Establish and lead workforce development committees and working groups where relevant to engage CEC members and stakeholders in developing a strong clean energy workforce.
- Influence ongoing energy skills, training and transition reform processes and initiate new policy reform processes aimed at alleviating workforce-related barriers to renewable energy growth.
- Communicate workforce-related issues and outcomes through meetings, weekly member updates, e-bulletins, member correspondence and public speaking opportunities.
- Maintain proactive member engagement and high-quality policy advice to play a key role in delivering member value.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholder groups as appropriate.
- Facilitate raising the understanding of the employment benefits of clean energy amongst the public and key external stakeholders.
- Support diversity in the clean energy workforce.
- Provide policy support to other CEC areas as required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Senior, professional experience in working in policy or program development and delivery in industry development, workforce, skills, higher education or vocational education.
- An understanding of the Australian labour market as it relates to energy and policy processes.
- An understanding of current industrial relations regulations.
- Experience working with government, industry and unions in jobs related policy such as skills transition and regional jobs is highly desirable.
Our ideal candidate will have skills in:
- Understanding of the national training and education markets.
- Understanding of the workforce regulatory framework.
- Understanding of the issues facing the clean energy transition from a workforce perspective.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce documents that are clear, logically argued, accurate and concise.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills to ensure work is completed within deadlines.
- Research and analytical skills and ability to digest, analyse and synthesise information efficiently in order to provide recommendations.
- Build internal and external stakeholder relationships.
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- competitive salary package
- fabulous team environment
- passionate and driven, value-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Only successful applicants will be notified.