- Bring your research skills and make a contribution to the Clean Energy Industry
- Work with a friendly and passionate team
- Immediate start, full-time
- Melbourne, CBD location
A great opportunity to carve out this new role, adding enormous value to our vision to accelerate the transition to renewables in Australia.
This role is responsible for deriving, analysing, interpreting, extrapolating and reporting on data and information supporting our Industry Development teams, including policy and advocacy, media and our member needs. The other key function is to establish data protocols, establish data sourcing agreements, conduct primary and secondary market research and store data consistently and securely.
Key objectives for the role are:
- Work with our Industry Development teams and CEO to identify data and information requirements, gaps and future strategic support.
- Source, collate, analyse, interpret, extrapolate and trend data to support project and strategic needs.
- Write reports explaining the data results that support Industry Development needs.
- Maintain data quality, establish sources and source agreements, store data securely and ensure Australian legal frameworks related to data are followed.
Our ideal candidate will have skills in:
- Market and industry research, particularly secondary and desk research. Identifying the need for primary research.
- Data modelling, data mining, generating reports, analysis and making recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, enabling you to present insights with confidence and ‘tell a story’ with data and industry information.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Partner with Information Technology to optimize and enhance the data platform environment for optimal data efficiency and best practice.
- Excellent understanding of the Australian legal frameworks related to data gathering, storage and sharing. OAIC best practice guidelines, privacy legislation and best practice related to data security.
And experience in:
- Strategic data and information requirements for policy, advocacy, submissions, media and member communications.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in market research and analysis in a business or industry-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- Competitive salary package
- Fabulous team environment
- Passionate and driven, value-based organisation
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
*Only successful applicants will be notified
The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 6,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.