- Support Policy development in the Clean Energy Industry
- Work with a hardworking, friendly and passionate team
- Immediate start, full time, permanent role, Melbourne CBD location
Terrific opportunity to support policy development of both utility-scale wind and solar and clean hydrogen matters and accelerate the transition to renewables in Australia.
The Policy Officer will work closely with the Director Energy Generation and Clean Hydrogen to undertake the policy development and engagement work of the energy generation and clean hydrogen and broader Industry Development teams. The role will support the Director Energy Generation and Clean Hydrogen on both utility-scale wind and solar and clean hydrogen matters.
Key objectives for the role are:
- Monitoring relevant policy and renewable energy sector developments and keeping internal and external stakeholder up to date.
- Industry research and analysis that can contribute to policy development under the direction of the Director Energy Generation and Clean Hydrogen.
- Articulation of the CEC positions in written submissions and communications with members, stakeholders and the Australian public.
- Assisting with the coordination of the CEC’s Wind, Utility PV Directorates and Hydrogen Working Group, including preparing briefing papers and updates for directorate members, and associated directorate administration.
- Responsive engagement with our members and other stakeholders as required.
- Producing content for advocacy and communication purposes, including drafting messages, communication materials, correspondence, reports, briefing papers, presentations and media responses.
- Maintaining stakeholder database for the CEC Industry Development team (eg. Key contacts in government and other stakeholder organisations) for the purposes of communication, advocacy and engagement activities.
- Assist the Director Energy Generation and Clean Hydrogen with the development and implementation of advocacy initiatives and campaigns.
- Provide support to other Policy and Advocacy team members when required.
Our ideal candidate will have qualifications and experience in:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications may include energy, public policy, economics, town planning, environment, commerce, renewable energy or electrical engineering, law, sustainable development, journalism or communications.
- A strong interest in energy, renewable energy, clean tech and/or environment/climate change policy is highly desirable.
- Experience in policy, regulatory or public affairs in the public or private sectors, particularly regarding energy, infrastructure, planning and/or hydrogen is highly desirable.
Our ideal candidate will have skills in:
- Excellent writing skills. Must be able to draft documents that are clearly structured, logically argued, concise and accurate.
- Understanding of energy and environmental policies/politics is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Research and analytical skills and ability to digest and analyse information quickly in order to provide recommendations.
- Good communication with manager and colleagues to keep internal stakeholders appropriately informed about workflows and any issues which may affect the wider team.
- Build internal and external stakeholder relationships.
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- competitive salary package
- fabulous team environment
- passionate and driven, value-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will close Monday 20 January 2020.
Only successful applicants will be notified.