The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 7,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
About the role:
Make a difference and play a key role supporting the growth and integrity of Australia’s Solar Industry.
- Develop your compliance career in the fast-growing renewables sector.
- Exceptional team environment and purpose-driven organisation.
- Flexible work arrangements - part-or full-time (0.8 to 1 FTE), permanent role, Melbourne CBD.
The Code of Conduct Compliance role works with all members of the team to provide ongoing support to the operations and maintain the integrity of the CEC’s Approved Solar Retailer program.
Reporting to the Team Leader Code of Conduct, this role’s primary focus and responsibility is to assess and investigate complaints about Code signatories in accordance with the compliance procedure, conduct compliance activities and enforce breaches of the Code.
Key objectives of the Code of Conduct Compliance role include:
- Compliance : In conjunction with the Senior Code Coordinator, undertaking various audit functions and allocating sanctions according to the Code (collecting data, analysis of consumer complaints, interacting with Code signatories and reporting back on findings).
- Disputes: Investigate and resolve complaints ensuring outcomes are fair and transparent.
- Systems and processes: Maintain customer records on the CRM database and continue to review and develop systems, processes and documentation.
- Communications, promotion and reporting: Support senior staff to develop effective communications and engage with stakeholders in a timely and effective way, including internal staff, Code signatories, Code Review Panel and the industry and public more broadly.
- Applications and renewals: Assist with the assessment and renewal process for Code of Conduct applicants as required (including reviewing sales documentation and corresponding with applicants throughout the process).
- Team support: Provide general support to the Industry Integrity Team as required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a compliance, enforcement or inspections area role
- understanding of the solar industry and consumer protection legislation an advantage
- capacity to travel and conduct on-site audits across Australia (subject to COVID restrictions)
- excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- attention to detail and ability to methodically and objectively work through an investigation process
- VCE or equivalent diploma
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Regulatory Compliance) or similar combined with relevant experience in the field of inspections is an advantage
- ability to quickly learn new processes and adapt to a changing work environment
- ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- strong time management skills
- proven service-oriented work ethic and an ability to handle demanding clients
- good IT skills – Microsoft Office and CRM (Salesforce or similar).
In return for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- competitive salary package
- fabulous team environment
- flexible working arrangements
- passionate and driven values-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to Kristy Brear at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed progressively and close at 11.59 pm AEST on Friday 30 July.
Please note, only successful candidates will be notified.