CWP Renewables is the leading renewable energy developer, owner and asset manager. The company has over two decades of renewable energy experience, with development activities coordinated from its NSW base in Newcastle and our Construction and Operations centre based in Canberra.
CWP Renewables' philosophy is to manage each project from inception through to full operation which is key to its success and involves genuine engagement with all stakeholders, at every stage of each project.
This is an opportunity to join the growing CWP Renewables team in Newcastle or Canberra. Broadly, we are looking to recruit a new team of development professionals with a wide range of experience and skills. Specifically this includes project personnel (managers, developers and officers), technical services support (energy resource and grid connection fields) and legal counsel (to support a range of land and property based interactions).
The Communications Manager is responsible for corporate communications, media, brand, internal communications, and community and owner communications as well as media engagement and liaison.
- Act as a central media contact for CWP Renewables.
- Draft and deliver media releases in collaboration with Senior Managers and the CEO.
- Engage and manage media to build positive relationships and ensure ongoing access to media.
- Work with the CEO to engage with media as requested and required.
- Maintain up-to-date, tailored and organised media contact databases.
- Manage CWP Renewable’s media subscription services, including media monitoring, distribution and reporting.
- Organise events and activities for media as required, including social activities and site visits/tours Corporate communications.
- Manage and deliver corporate communications including speeches, presentations, publications and other content.
- Provide support and quality control to all stakeholder engagements across development, construction and operations.
- Prepare collateral and managing graphic design for CWP Renewables.
- Monitor and manage the presentation of CWP Renewables’ brand to all staff and stakeholders to ensure adherence to the style guide.
- Maintain communications materials including a photo and video library.
- Manage dissemination of corporate communications materials about CWP Renewables via social media channels and mainstream media.
- Support the CEO and Head of HR with internal communications. Community and owner communications.
- In conjunction with the Community Engagement Officers, manage CWP Renewables’ community and owner communications.
- Assist Community Engagement Officers to deliver community events.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a corporate communications role (internal or external).
- Experience in brand management - developing collateral and materials, including managing graphic design.
- Strong understanding and experience in maintaining ‘brand consistency’ across all media forms.
- Experience in planning and managing multiple streams of communications.
- Well-developed copywriting skills for a variety of applications (including digital, media, speeches etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High-level organisation skills including well-developed priority-setting skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications OR demonstrated experience.
What’s on offer:
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility.
CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Visit our website to learn more about us.
Applications will close on Friday 23 July 2021.