We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
As projects continue to develop, we are looking for people who want to be part of that growth and help drive community engagement. We now have an opportunity available for a Community Relations Liaison in our Melbourne Team. You will be responsible for planning and implementing community consultation and relations programs with the aim of ensuring relationships with project landowners, neighbours, and local communities are both positive and constructive.
- Develop and implement community consultation plans
- Undertake stakeholder analysis for sites in development, prospecting, due diligence and delivery phases
- Solicit feedback, document community responses and prepare reports
- Organise community events and consultation activities
- Liaise with landowners and neighbours and the local community
- Develop and implement community Shared Benefit Programs
- Coordinate, develop and implement community education programs
- Liaise with government departments and community agencies to promote positive partnerships and the development of collaborative programs and initiatives related to improving renewable energy education
- Consultation with relevant stakeholders, review current programs, evaluations and activities, identify gaps, and make recommendations for revised or new programs and activities to ensure they continue to meet identified needs
- Resolving issues with landowners, neighbours and local communities
- Ensuring that community sponsorships and funding programs are managed transparently and in adherence with AEAG sponsorship principals
- Assisting with Community Reference Groups during project development and delivery phase, if/when appropriate
- Provide leadership, guidance and be an identified point of escalation for issues and challenges relating to community complaints
- Prepare quality communication materials, such as newsletters, information bulletins, advertisements and websites
- Develop communication mechanisms to maintain regular contact with landowners, neighbours and the local community
- Manage project public enquiry lines
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in community relations and community consultation work
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline such as arts, communication, public relations or relevant experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a professional approach to community relations
- Knowledge of principles for effective public participation, stakeholder relations and community engagement
- Demonstrated skills and experience in preparing stakeholder analyses, consultation plans, communications materials and managing community relationships and expectations
- Demonstrated skills and experience in community relations programs, sponsorships and processing community funding applications, and creating positive community benefits
- Understanding of regulatory planning and environmental processes in relation to infrastructure projects
- Current Victorian or equivalent Australian state driver’s license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.