CWP Renewables (CWPR) is driven by the belief that renewable energy makes our world cleaner and healthier. From development to construction to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As an emerging leader in utility scale renewable generation (including storage), CWPR welcomes and supports a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds. CWPR has corporate offices in Sydney (Eora Nation), Canberra (Ngunnawal Nation) and Newcastle (Awabakal Nation). CWP Renewables is proud of the recent launch of our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Project Manager with at least 10 years’ experience to lead a passionate team to achieve safe, timely and on budget delivery of our major projects.
- Accountable for implementation and management of all aspects of the delivery of the construction assets from Financial Close through to handover to the Operations team.
- Responsible for providing input into and delivering the strategic goals for the Construction team along with working with the Development team to ensure adequate construction input is provided into development projects at an early stage.
- Represent CWPR on project steering committees and at other forums where senior project representation is required.
- Oversight of activities required to deliver the projects in conjunction and coordinating with the broader CWPR Asset Management team, CWPR development group, CWPR engineering group, finance and administration group, external consultants and advisors including the independent environmental representative and the Lenders Engineer.
- Key representative on the major Contracts (Wind Farm and Grid Connection) and oversight of minor contracts (including insurance).
- Oversight and accountability for the obligations required under the project approvals, grid connection agreements’ land agreements, lenders and power offtake agreements, including provision of reporting and notices as required and as pertaining to the construction of the wind farm.
- Responsible for escalated issues (from site) and managing conflicts with local stakeholders, landowners, regulatory authorities.
- Oversight and reporting on the overall program of assets under construction, including performance against project budgets and CTC, schedule and milestone tracking, resource planning and performance against KPIs.
- Management of the construction/strategic risks, including ensuring that effective risk mitigations are in place and are effective.
- Oversight of the grid connection activities undertaken by the site team and Technical Services to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Oversee recruitment and selection of positions in the Asset Management Group (specific to project delivery).
- Oversee community engagement on assets in construction, ensuring CWPR maintain a strong social media presence, approval of sponsorship opportunities in line with our values and the projects engage in educational/learning programs with local schools
- Assist in the development of and execution of a robust project delivery/management plan for each asset.
- Manage and lead the work of a team; provide motivation, encouragement and opportunities for development; manage any underperformance issues if required in consultation with People and Culture.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Management or other relevant field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience as a project manager.
- Demonstrated experience in State Significant Developments.
- Ability to maintain effective and collaborative relationships across diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- Familiarity with landowner, stakeholder and planning elements of the wind farm development process (desirable).
- High-level organisation skills including well-developed priority-setting skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy and strong competence with the Microsoft 365 suite of software is fundamental to this role.
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
- White Card.
What’s on Offer
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility. CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Visit www.cwprenewables.com to learn more about us.