We’re tackling one of humanity’s greatest challenges by providing the world’s largest economies and most remote communities with end-to-end green energy - and accelerating the reduction of greenhouse gases. Through wind, sun, and water, we are unleashing limitless energy. What we do matters - but we’re not waiting for tomorrow. For us, the energy transition is now - it’s time for a cleaner, greener today. We’re meeting our challenge head-on, and with our customer's we’re solving it - for now, and for good.
The Contract Management Leader will be a key member of the Onshore Wind leadership team in the ANZ Region. You will steer the ANZ contract management team in providing broad-based commercial contract management support on all contractual issues regarding the sale, installation, testing and service operations of wind turbine generators in Australia and New Zealand.
- Drive Contract Management priorities of Compliance, Margin Enhancement, and Risk Management.
- Build and maintain a strong operating rhythm with Project Management, Services, and other key business functions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain region specific contract management methods and procedures and coordinate with the global ONW and Renewable Energy contract management community.
- Grow, coach, and develop team members on:
- Management of post award EPC (Engineer, Procure, Construct) Head Contract, Balance of Plant Contract and Subcontractor Agreements
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and subcontract risk analysis, negotiation, and award support
- Evaluation of assigned contracts to identify and manage key contractual risks
- Collaboration with Project Managers and Service Managers during contract fulfillment
- Drafting of variations and claims to customers and sub-contractors
- Performing detailed contract analyses in response to emerging issues
- Developing negotiation strategies in conjunction with Project Management and Service
- Preparation and participation in customer and subcontractor negotiations as needed
- Identifying and developing margin enhancing variations and other recovery opportunities throughout the project lifecycle
- Defending and mitigating contractual claims against GE o Preparation and participation in settlement negotiations
- Preparation and support of major insurance claims
- Maintenance of bank guarantees, and insurance policies as required
- Maintaining contract documents, amendments, change orders and key contract data in accordance with policy
Qualifications, Requirements & Experience
- A minimum of 12+ years contract management or project experience in Wind, Civil, Oil and Gas or Construction industry
- Background in Quantity Surveying, Legal, Civil Engineering, Construction Management and/or Project Management.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change in a matrix environment.• Proven track record leading a small to medium size team
- Knowledge of EPC, Civil, Electrical and Logistics contracts
- Fluency in English
- Appropriate entitlement to work in Australia (Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen) with the ability to travel throughout the region
- Ability to work and perform effectively in a cross functional, non-hierarchical, team-oriented environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- OEM, Developer, or EPC experience in power industry.
- Experience with wind turbine-based power generation projects.