Squadron Energy (SQE) is Australia’s leading renewable energy company that develops, operates and owns renewable energy assets in Australia. With proven experience and expertise across the project lifecycle, we work with local communities and our customers to lead the transition to Australia’s clean energy future.
We have 1.1 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy in operation and an Australian development pipeline of 20GW.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Contract Manager.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Squadron Energy (SQE), the Contract Manager is responsible for managing and controlling all the contract administration methods, practices, and procedures including preparing appropriate reports, assessments, and records, which allow management to make informed decisions that improve project profitability and assist the business to achieve its objective.
- Ensure that all project contract requirements are implemented including the procurement and administration of contract securities and insurance requirements.
- Produce procedures for contract requirements implementation as required.
- Ensure Company policies associated with contracts are followed.
- Assist in the preparation of progress claims for projects and general sales invoicing for projects to ensure timely submission of invoicing and minimize WIP balances.
- Aid Project Managers in relation to notifications, letters, reports.
- Produce contractual claims as required.
- Prepare and control sub-contracts and associated documentation.
- Participate in contract reviews and negotiations.
- Prepare contract variations.
- In conjunction with the Project Managers, be involved in the payment and variation certification process of major subcontractor works and be directly involved in any contractual disputes should they arise.
- Ensure that effective contractual document control processes are adhered to within the business.
- Produce and/or assist in estimating with guidance on costings and commercial matters, including the provision of commercial schedules for tender submissions.
- Monitor and review financial data related to contract performance, forecasts, labor, and variation costs, expected Gross Margin and profits, and report any discrepancies as they arise.
- Assist with reporting and processing monthly cost recording and processing.
- Ensure all contracts are managed, reviewed, and administered in accordance with the company’s legal and commercial policies and procedures.
- Where necessary, monitor the financial performance of sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure code compliance in accordance with State and National Regulations and Company requirements.
- Ensure all Project Reports are provided in accordance with the company requirements.
- Participate in the procurement processes for all contracts, including long lead items and construction contracts. This primarily includes:
- Providing input into the overall procurement strategy, including contract development and review, scheduling, packaging of work and tender processes.
- Completing tender assessments, leading contract negotiations, and making recommendations for contract award.
- Ensuring contract award approval processes are adhered to.
- Ensure full awareness of all ongoing site activities and provide assessments of those activities on the overall project. This will require:
- Regular visits to site to verify subcontractor performance and to verify contract adherence.
- Close liaison with site team to ensure any issues are managed in accordance with the various contract requirements.
- Establish or maintain relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Ensure that stakeholder requirements and project risks are adequately addressed.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management or Contract Management.
- Business Management and Commercial qualifications will be highly regarded.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience delivering complex projects ideally within the renewable energy sector.
- Experience in managing complex major contracts, variation, and extension of time claims.
- Experience in reviewing current executed contracts and implement lessons learnt within the standard form SQE contracts.
- Be able to assist in the development and implementation of commercial contracts management systems, policies, and procedures.
- A high level of commercial proficiency with the ability to navigate complex deal structures.
- Be able to work both autonomously and within a diverse team.
- Positively influence, build, and maintain relationships with internal and external partners/clients with conflicting interests and priorities.
- Use your initiative, solve problems through analytical thinking & make decisions within a fast-paced construction environment.
- Ability to be proactive, anticipating needs, find opportunities.
- Sophisticated quantitative skills.
- Understanding of contracts, schedules, documentation management, financial administration
- Current Australian driver's licence.
What’s on Offer
- In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility. Squadron Energy also recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Visit www.squadronenergy.com to learn more about us.