Founded in 2012 by Pâris Mouratoglou and David Corchia, Total Eren develops, finances, builds and operates renewable energy power plants (solar, wind on-shore) representing a gross capacity of more than 3,500 MW in operation or under construction worldwide. Total Eren is currently developing numerous energy projects in countries and regions where renewable energy represents an economically viable response to growing energy demand such as in Europe, Central Asia, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Africa. Since December 2017, TotalEnergies, the major energy company, has been participating as a shareholder of Total Eren. For more information, please visit www.total-eren.com
Total Eren has been active in Australia since 2017 with a significant development and operating portfolio across all major states in onshore wind, solar PV and green hydrogen. Reporting to the Projects Director (APAC), you will support the development, procurement, delivery and operations teams through all stages of the project lifecycle to advise on and manage resolution of commercial and contractual issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of project contracts and any ancillary agreements and documents making sure they are commercially sound, align with agreed commercial and risk parameters
- Manage the contract review process and facilitate inputs from key stakeholders, including engineering, service delivery, procurement, legal, finance, risk and insurance
- Assist in the management of procurement activities (EPC, OEM, BOP, O&M, Consultants and others)
- Provide advice on and manage resolution of commercial and contractual issues related to contracts, including terms and conditions and variations.
- Work with internal groups and project teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and/or efficiencies
- Lead the implementation of the Contracts Managements software and onboard the Australian projects on the platform
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/Commerce/Business/Law, or a similar field
- Understanding and experience of the Australian electricity market
- Strong understanding of the contractual structures in place for large-scale renewable energy projects (including under project financing)
- Strong understanding of standard contract and claim management processes
- Good understanding of various commercial models (e.g. lump sum, schedules of rates, cost plus), contract models (e.g. EPC, split contracts) and commercial risk management.
- Extensive experience with leading negotiations directly with counterparties
- Experience in administrating construction and maintenance contracts throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
- Combine strategic thinking with attention detail
- Ability to take leadership and have a commercial and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with various teams across the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English required; other second languages also beneficial)
- Strong competency with all Microsoft Office applications.