BayWa r.e. is a global renewable energy powerhouse, leaders in wind, solar, storage, and hydrogen in 30 countries. BayWa r.e Projects Australia is a relatively new and fast-growing female-led team given full rein to express its considerable abilities.
We succeed as a high-performance team through respectful collaboration, continuous learning and innovation. Our culture is supportive, with a generous new parental leave benefit. We are activists for gender equality and diversity, reflected in our workforce which scores way above industry standards. We are bonded and find purpose together in the common goal of wanting to fight climate change with renewable energy.
We promote flexibility, wellbeing and work-life balance operating under an innovative flexible hybrid working model with office hubs in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Hobart.
We are recruiting an experienced and inspiring wind farm developer to lead prospecting and development in QLD, Development Team Leader QLD. You will grow our development portfolio ensuring we deliver a high quality sustainable portfolio of utility scale wind, solar, storage and hydrogen developments.
This senior QLD based role reports to the Managing Director. You will drive innovation and excellence in development including:
- Delivery of a continuous portfolio of tightly controlled, quality, successful renewable energy development opportunities on time and to budget to achieve the company’s growth strategy and maximise shareholder value
- Lead the QLD development team to deliver high performance outcomes, ensuring a supportive team culture of collaboration, excellence and innovation
- Identify quality business opportunities and preparw business cases for consideration by the MD and board
- Managing the negotiation of landowner agreements to ensure land access within an acceptable commercial frameworks
- Work with communities and stakeholders to ensure engagement and support of projects, lobbying to drive change to support BayWa’s growth
- Ensuring project approvals reflect optimal design and flexibility such that shareholder value is maximised
- Establish robust development and risk management frameworks for projects. Ensuring appropriate risk management tools and reporting systems are implemented and project risks are identified, analysed and appropriately managed
- Support BayWa’s hydrogen and innovation strategy
- Have 10+ years’ experience in wind development (5+ years Australia)
- Have a deep, broad, and current understanding of the Australian energy market
- Be a commercially astute problem solver with a passion for renewable energy
- Be an experienced manager of high performance teams who naturally uses a coaching leadership style
- Work passionately with communities to create positive change for our planet
- Be experienced undertaking financial assessment, feasibility and due diligence of developments and making recommendations for investment
- Min honours degree in Engineering, Law, Environmental Science or similar
- Be willing to travel and capable of spending time walking and off-road driving on site
- You want to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy. We are the ideal employer for all who want to make a difference and drive innovation for a sustainable future.
- We provide a flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- You will be part of the BayWa group, a family of globally successful businesses
- We are diverse and inclusive with a strong culture focusing on employee wellbeing.
Our ideal candidate will:
Why you should join our team:
We value a diverse workforce, so please come as you are.
We look forward to your application!
BayWa r.e. Corporate Video