The Grid Connection Manager is a senior member of the business development team, working on projects from initial concept to execution and implementation of connection agreements.
The role requires navigation of the full project-cycle of the grid connection interface for wind farms, solar farms and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) .
Based in Sydney but with significant opportunity to travel, at various stages of the project, to regional and interstate project sites.
- Scope out grid connection actions and deliverables, managing them throughout the connection process, in conjunction with external technical specialists and relevant regulatory stakeholders
- Manage technical & commercial negotiations with AEMO & NSPs on grid connection contract documentation, with a focus on achieving optimum project outcomes
- Manage all commercial arrangements with external stakeholders, to deliver in accordance with agreed schedule & budgets
- Work with internal team when required in all aspects of Financial Close, including due diligence, project analysis, and managing internal approvals for successful delivery in a timely manner
- Work with the project team to identify and assess connection feasibility of proposed development assets to gauge new project opportunities
- Expand and maintain existing network of contacts and information sources to ensure timely access to information on evolution of the grid network and the connection process to facilitate the company’s growth objectives
- Communicate and influence cross-functionally with all levels of management within the company
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in grid connections for renewable energy projects connecting into the NEM
- Effective working knowledge of AEMO GPS Standards & National Electricity Rules
- Applied working knowledge of Transmission Power System engineering, and relevant power system software packages such as PSS/E & PSCAD
- Good communication skills with the ability to manage multiple internal & external stakeholders, particularly AEMO, TNSPs, & DNSPs.
- Demonstrable skills in developing and managing teams of multidiscipline skilled personnel to achieve goals and objectives within restricted timeframes
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or related business discipline
In return, you will receive the opportunity to join a highly successful renewable energy business that is offering a rewarding career with exposure to some of the most exciting large-scale projects in Australia’s flourishing renewable energy industry.