Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organization. As the world's leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 136 GW wind turbines in over 85 countries. Over 29 000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us? Reporting to the Head of Grid – ASP region, the Grid Engineering Specialist will play a pivotal role to ensure the grid compliance aspects of Vestas in the region (with a focus on Australian and New Zealand projects) are delivered in accordance with the contract requirements, law, and best practice.
- Support power system studies to define the wind farm generator performance standards and to develop the wind farm control system functional design specification and reactive plant requirements.
- Coordinate activities with the grid modeling department.
- Review of Balance of Plant (BoP) design, drawing and document submissions from subcontractors against industry best practice, law, international and local standards, in addition to Vestas’ contractual and interfacing requirements from the perspective of grid connection compliance.
- Ensure grid connection deliverables required to be submitted by Vestas are provided in a timely, safe and high-quality manner.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure grid connection issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Undertake ad support the procurement, design, installation, commissioning and testing of wind farm grid monitoring equipment, and control systems.
- Undertake generator performance standards compliance testing, model validation (R2) testing, and generator registration with AEMO, including liaising with site-based personnel.
- Engage and manage power systems engineering consultancies when required.
- Research and prepare formal responses to inquiries regarding wind farm technical performance.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer.
- Attend and provide input to various safety, design, technical and risk meetings, workshops, and reviews.
- Assess Variations, Requests for Information (RFIs), and payment claims.
- Review tender specifications.
- Degree in Engineering – Electrical/Power Systems (essential) Minimum of 10 years of professional experience Competencies Advanced MS OfficeTrack record in planning and designing eBoP systems for combined power plants.
- Knowledge of major power plant components for eBoP such as transformers, cables, switchgear, power circuit breakers, surge arresters, shunt reactors, shunt capacitors, STATCOMs.
- Experience in electrical integration of renewable power generation and grid codes.
- Desire and the ability to understand and maintain an overview of a wide range of advanced technical domains within grid integration of renewable power plants like ancillary services.