Founded in 2012 by Pâris Mouratoglou and David Corchia, Total Eren develops, finances, builds and operates renewable energy power plants (solar, wind, hydro) representing a gross capacity of more than 3,600 MW in operation or under construction worldwide. Through partnerships with local developers, Total Eren is currently developing numerous energy projects in countries and regions where renewable energy represents an economically viable response to growing energy demand such as in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Africa. The objective is to achieve a global gross installed capacity of more than 5 GW by 2023. Since December 2017, TotalEnergies SA, the major energy company, has been participating as a shareholder of Total Eren. For more information, please visit www.total-eren.com
Total Eren has been active in Australia since 2017 and today owns and operates Victoria’s largest solar farm, the 256 MWp Stage 1 of Kiamal Solar Farm, with a growing pipeline of 2.5 GW of onshore wind, solar and energy storage projects. Reporting to the Deputy CTO (APAC) and the Managing Director – Australia, you will be responsible for all engineering aspects, other than in relation to grid compliance, during the procurement, engineering, construction, commissioning and transition to operations for BESS, PV and wind projects in Australia and the broader APAC region. You will also be responsible for providing engineering support to BESS projects during development, acquisition and operations.
The Engineering Manager (AU) will support the Project Director (APAC) in the delivery of BESS, PV and Wind projects from development into operations, in accordance with company and project- specific objectives. The Engineering Manager (AU) will also provide engineering support to other teams as required, for projects in development, acquisition and operations.
Key activities will include:
- Responsible for maintaining a database of pre-qualified suppliers, and associated documentation, for all major equipment in coordination with HQ
- Responsible for project-specific equipment selection
- Provide engineering support for pre-construction and procurement activities
- Responsible for technical evaluation of project delivery tenders
- Responsible for developing, negotiating and monitoring compliance with employer’s requirements, technical specifications, performance guarantees and any other technical annexures and clauses within the project delivery contracts.
- Responsible for scoping, selection and management of Owners’ Engineers, and other consultants as required, during procurement, engineering, construction, commissioning and transition to operations.
- Responsible for design reviews during procurement, engineering, construction and transition to operations
- Responsible for monitoring construction quality and factory, laboratory, commissioning, reliability and performance tests, other than grid compliance testing.
- Provide engineering support to the project management team during construction and commissioning, including but not limited to risk identification and management, assessment of contractual milestones, payment claims and variations, witnessing and monitoring of site activities, review of documentation, oversight of punch list preparation, handover to the asset management team.
- Provide engineering support on request for BESS projects in development including, but not limited to, advice on BESS sizing and specification to meet commercial objectives.
- Provide engineering support on request for BESS projects under consideration for acquisition including, but not limited to, technical due diligence, drafting of technical conditions precedent, BESS sizing and specification to meet commercial objectives.
- Provide engineering support for BESS, PV and Wind projects in operations, on request
- Engineering degree in a relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in engineering aspects of utility-scale renewable energy and/or BESS projects
- 5+ years of experience on renewable energy projects in the procurement, engineering, construction, and commissioning phases
- 2+ years of experience in design, specification, construction or operation of BESS projects
- Experience in development & negotiation of employer’s requirements, technical specifications, performance guarantees and other technical annexures and clauses within project delivery contracts
- Experience in the engineering aspects of tendering for and selection of major equipment and contractors for renewable energy and/or BESS projects
- Experience in construction monitoring of renewable energy and/or BESS projects
- Understanding of risk management concepts and principles
- Understanding of document management and quality control principles
- Experience in providing concise and accurate reporting
- Experience in maintaining concise and accurate databases of equipment suppliers and models
- Ability to adapt and aptitude to learn
- Ability to work to your own initiative / self-motivated
- A highly organised approach to work
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Good people skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, etc)
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Able to travel regionally and nationally on occasion
- Experience with testing of major equipment such as inverters, battery modules, PV modules, wind turbines, PV single-axis trackers
- Thorough understanding of technical standards (international and Australian) that are applicable to renewable energy and/or BESS projects
- Experience managing a team
- Experience communicating with lenders, offtakers and other project stakeholders
- An understanding of renewable energy market and NEM
The Engineering Manager (AU) would be based in Melbourne
As soon as possible
Please send your resume to: Renee Sherry, People & Culture Manager: