CWP Renewables is the leading renewable energy developer, owner and asset manager. The company has over two decades of renewable energy experience, with corporate offices in Sydney (Eora Nation), Newcastle (Awabakal Nation), Canberra (Ngunnawal Nation), Melbourne (Woiworung Nation), Noosaville (Gubbi Gubbi Nation) and Brisbane (Yuggera Nation). CWP Renewables' philosophy is to manage each project from inception through to full operation which is key to its success and involves genuine engagement with all stakeholders, at every stage of each project. CWP Renewables is proud of the recent launch of our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for providing hands-on and strategic environmental planning and approvals advice throughout all stages of a project’s life cycle such as development, construction and operations. This role will lead a team of dedicated and experienced individuals and be responsible for ensuring compliance is maintained on all construction and operating assets. They will be responsible for maintaining our ISO14001 accreditation and continue to develop our environmental processes, systems and capabilities.
- Provide the link between Development and Asset Management to ensure environmental compliance obligations are identified, recorded, and managed.
- Manage post approval requirements including liaison with government agencies, management plan preparation and obtaining secondary permits, approvals and licences for due diligence and commencement of construction.
- Provide systems for undertaking and actively promoting environmental compliance, monitoring and reporting in accordance with relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation, and other policy requirements.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with key operational and management stakeholders to communicate environmental management requirements and improve environmental outcomes.
- Coordinate and manage CWPR Environmental officers to ensure facilities and sites are regularly visited and inspected.
- Develop environmental management system processes, procedures and tools to assist teams in managing environment obligations including reporting, compliance management, incident investigation and communication.
- As required oversee and provide technical support on environmental resourcing and management of consultants providing environmental and sustainability advice.
- Be the key point of contact for environmental government agencies and regulatory matters and coordinate responses including incident investigations and compliance related matters.
- Provide environmental and sustainability advice and make recommendations regarding project environmental and sustainability compliance to CWP Senior Management.
- Seek to influence the implementation of environmental and sustainability principles in the project/operational facility.
- Manage and lead the work of a team; provide motivation, encouragement and opportunities for development; manage any underperformance issues if required in consultation with People and Culture.About you
You will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in environmental management including experience in project development, impact assessment and/ or construction.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in environmental engineering, planning or science.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading a team, identify key organisational risks and reporting to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or implementing an environmental management system including incident and risk management, compliance, due diligence and operating procedures.
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated ability to advise on and respond to statutory obligations in respect to NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and government agency requirements.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by your ability to effectively manage relationships and influence outcomes with a diverse range of stakeholder, both internal and external.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.What’s on Offer In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility.
CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Visit www.cwprenewables.com to learn more about us.