CWP Renewables (CWPR) is driven by the belief that renewable energy makes our world cleaner and healthier. From development to construction to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As an emerging leader in utility scale renewable generation (including storage), CWPR welcomes and supports a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds. CWPR has corporate offices in Sydney (Eora Nation), Canberra (Ngunnawal Nation) and Newcastle (Awabakal Nation). CWP Renewables is proud of the recent launch of our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate who is looking to work collaboratively to develop, implement and enhance environmental practices across our sites. You will work closely with a number of project teams providing support and mentoring to achieve compliance, enhance performance and implement improvements.
- Undertake compliance tracking, environmental site inspection and audit of construction and operational activities to report on environmental management, risk and compliance.
- Provide to the environment manager and project team technical support and solution focused advice on environmental and sustainability matters including air quality, erosion and sediment control, noise management and biodiversity.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with the project teams to meet compliance obligations.
- Actively promote environmental management to influence and enhance environmental outcomes.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems and procedures including reporting, compliance management, incident investigation, record keeping and communication protocols.
- Undertake tasks to achieve environmental compliance such as completing annual returns, compliance reports and updating management plans.
- Manage consultant engagements ensuring value for money, timeliness and fit for purpose outputs.
- Assist the Environment Manager to collate information and respond to government agency communications and regulatory matters.
- Assist the Environment Manager to prepare / review environmental management plans, obtain secondary permits, approvals and licences and related tasks to prepare for commencement of construction and operation.
- Ensure environmental registers are kept up to date and information accurately recorded and data reported.
- Report monthly to the Environmental Manager on compliance related matters for each allocated project and ensure that risks are identified and escalated in a timely manner.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 3 + years’ experience in an environmental impact assessment and/ or site based environmental advisory role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NSW and Commonwealth planning and environmental legislation.
- Ability to advise on environmental matters, including compliance with project approvals, environmental constraints, project risks and compliance matters.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and complex assignments within allocated timeframes.
- Understanding of sustainability strategies and initiatives relevant to office, construction and operational assets.
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation and environmental approval conditions.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
- White Card.
What’s on Offer
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility. CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Visit www.cwprenewables.com to learn more about us.