BayWa r.e. is a global renewable energy powerhouse, leaders in wind, solar, storage, and hydrogen in 30 countries. BayWa r.e. Projects Australia is a relatively new fast-growing female-led renewables team given full rein to express its considerable abilities.
We succeed as a high-performance team through respectful collaboration, continuous learning and innovation. Our culture is supportive, with a generous new parental leave benefit. We are activists for gender equality and diversity, reflected in our workforce which scores way above industry standards. We are bonded and find purpose together in the common goal of wanting to fight climate change with renewable energy.
We promote flexibility, wellbeing and work-life balance operating under an innovative flexible hybrid working model with office hubs in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Hobart.
Our MD is expected to hit the ground running every day, the Executive Assistants' role is to ensure that she is able to do just that. You will play an active part in organising the working life for our MD, organising events and meetings, undertaking administration tasks and ensuring she is adequately briefed and prepared for meetings.
She is often dealing with competing priorities, and so the Executive Assistant must have an understanding of what our MD does and the importance and nature of the business in order to assist with those priorities. Being constantly flexible and ready to reassess priorities as changes appear in the MD’s schedule.
The Executive Assistant will ensure the smooth running of the office of the MD and Legal, contributing structure and process so that the MD and Legal are able to function effectively and make high-quality decisions.
The position is about being a facilitator and an enabler, an exceptional administrator and quality researcher. You will assist the MD and Legal team by:
- Undertaking general administration for the MD and Legal.
- Providing support with preparation of board papers, records of board meetings, presentations and the like.
- Building positive business relationships externally and internally.
- Provision of corporate secretarial support including reviewing BayWa r.e. group ASIC annual company statements, preparing ASIC forms and ensuring compliance with ASIC requirements.
- Manage legal databases and registers including company records and ensuring compliance with group policies.
- Assist in all aspect of file management and document preparation.
- Assist with preparing reports, correspondence and submissions.
- Undertaking research and collecting and reviewing information.
- Managing legal administration, including filing, lodging documents, undertaking searches, preparing correspondence.
- Amending and preparing correspondence and contracts using precedents including corporate records.
- Assisting with the development of template documents.
- Be resilient, a collaborative worker who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment.
- Be a forward thinker, a problem solver who actively seeks opportunities, proposes solutions and thrives on continuous improvement.
- Have strong organisational skills that reflect an ability to plan, perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Have a high level of discretion, tact, people skills and an ability to maintain confidence.
- Ability to adapt to ambiguity and changing situations quickly.
- Achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have sound command of the English language and strong communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- A naturally welcoming and optimistic disposition easily developing and maintaining harmonious rapport based on mutual trust and respect.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in Business Administration, Executive Assistance or Paralegal in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Formal Tertiary qualifications and interest in renewable energy.
- Full comprehension of efficient office management systems and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Why you should join our team:
- You want to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering knowledge to set new standards in renewable energy. We are the ideal employer for all who want to make a difference and drive innovation for a sustainable future.
- We provide a flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- You will be part of the BayWa group, a family of globally successful businesses.
- We are diverse and inclusive with a strong culture focusing on employee wellbeing.
We value a diverse workforce, so please come as you are.
We look forward to your application!
BayWa r.e. Corporate Video