We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
As ACCIONA Energy continues to grow its presence across Australia, an exciting and key opportunity has become available in our Brand and Marketing Team. As External Relations and Media Specialist you will take responsibility for managing the interface between ACCIONA and all levels of government across the breadth of Energy’s diverse business. In doing so, this role will support the businesses growth agenda and will play an important part in helping to ensure we develop positive relationships with relevant political stakeholder groups.
- Fostering productive working relationships with key stakeholders across media, government, industry and other associations, including attendance at meetings and functions to represent ACCIONA
- Establish a strong network of media/journalist contacts and where possible, establish regular opportunities for Business Area Leaders to participate in profile raising initiatives (i.e. interviews, pod casts, editorial pieces)
- Strive to ensure that KPI’s set by Corporate Communications Team (Spain) are achieved. This includes advertising space rate, media mentions etc
- Build a strong network of political contacts and create business wide engagement plans for both media and government (state and federal)
- Implement the media and political engagement plans by developing a rolling calendar of engagement events for the year
- Contribute to ACCIONA’s positioning as a leading voice in renewable energy sector
- Represent the ACCIONA Energy business in meetings and forums with external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse public policy and regulatory developments as they relate to energy and prepare submissions
- Work closely with Energy Business Area Leaders to produce advice and briefing materials
- Support the delivery of successful media ad stakeholder engagement plans, including the preparation of high quality briefing materials for ACCIONA’s Managing Director
- Engage with relevant industry associations on business related topics – including supporting ACCIONA’s senior leaders in their representation in these associations – and to ensure ACCIONA’s business objectives and standards are met
- Assisting with the preparation of all formal reporting and communications requirements relating to media and government stakeholder matters, whilst also leading the Brand & Marketing team on project and business related communications strategies and media releases
Required Skills and Competencies
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, communications, law, economics, business/commerce, political science or related fields with demonstrated experience in stakeholder analysis, engagement and planning
- Previous senior experience working in media and communications. Also, ideally strong experience dealing with governments and departments, both at Federal and State level (east coast focus), including working with ministerial offices and/or industry associations to address issues and achieve business outcomes
- Experience and effective influencing skills when engaging with senior leaders internally and externally
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience in preparing high-level briefing, strategies and submissions
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams as well as independently to deliver business wide initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in project management and working through a large organisation to achieve results
- Previous experience working on issues related to the resources and energy sectors in Australia is also desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.