About the Role
The Grid Connections Engineer is a passionate and self-motivated individual who contributes to the Team’s objectives by providing electrical engineering skills and services to support the grid connection process, from site identification all the way through to commissioning and ongoing operations. The role spans all Project phases from site selection and parsing, through to ongoing commercial operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 2-3 years’ experience as an electrical engineer to take the next step in their career as a grid connection specialist. The position holder will be provided with the training and support to in time lead the grid connection process for a portfolio of projects.
- Prepare and proof technical content of connection agreements for generating systems being progressed with Network Service Providers and AEMO
- Support the negotiation of connection agreements by utilising engineering skills and knowledge
- Inform strategic project decision making by providing input in relation to grid related issues such as congestion, generator performance, network losses and system strength
- Provide electrical engineering support in the negotiation of construction contracts for renewable facilities
- Support external and internal engineering resources to deliver defined scopes of work, in particular the generator performance studies required as part of the generator connection process
- Provide engineering support to initiatives aimed at reducing the levelized cost of energy for projects
- Project manage the grid connection process within agreed budget and milestones for allocated projects
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, notably counterparts within network service providers, AEMO, suppliers and consultants
- Support due diligence processes as part of debt and equity financing for major projects
- Operate and maintain a suite of internal engineering tools aimed at assessing project viability, improving project economics or speed to market for RES AU’s projects
- Take personal accountability for continued professional development including staying up to date with regulatory changes and emerging technology trends
Skills & Experience
- Verbal reasoning and ability to explain technical issues to stakeholders with diverse career backgrounds
- Exposure to the regulatory framework imposed by the National Electricity Rules, notably as relates to Network Service Providers and Generators.
- Understanding of how congestion, network losses and system strength are managed in the NEM
- Steady state load flow modelling and transmission network planning
- Broad set of electrical engineering skills applicable to RES AU’s business
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
How to apply
If you are interested and believe you have the required experience, please apply now with your updated CV or email [email protected] to set up a confidential discussion.