CWP Renewables is the leading renewable energy developer, owner and asset manager. The company has over two decades of renewable energy experience, with development activities coordinated from its NSW base in Newcastle and our Construction and Operations centre based in Canberra.
CWP Renewables' philosophy is to manage each project from inception through to full operation which is key to its success and involves genuine engagement with all stakeholders, at every stage of each project.
This is an opportunity to join the growing CWP Renewables team in Sydney, Newcastle, or Canberra. Broadly, we are looking to recruit a new team of development professionals with a wide range of experience and skills. Specifically, this includes project personnel (managers, developers and officers), technical services support (energy resource and grid connection fields) and legal counsel (to support a range of land and property-based interactions).
Reporting to the Grid Engineering Manager, the Grid Engineer is responsible for managing technical aspects of feasibility, design and planning stages of wind, solar and storage project development. Specifically, the Grid Engineer will work closely within the Development Team as a subject management expert providing analysis and inputs with respect to grid connection and the National Electricity Market.
- Provide technical support to the Development, Construction and Asset Management Team for various renewable energy sites including: Preliminary analysis of grid data to assess connection locations; Identification of grid connection opportunities within the National Electricity Market; Liaison with network service providers and technical consultants throughout the grid connection process; Manage consultant grid connection studies and conduct in house modelling work; Work with OEM’s and EPC contractors to support hold point testing activities; Assist the asset management team with technical grid connection compliance issues of operational assets; GIS Mapping to produce maps and presentations as required using Manifold.
- Work with the Head of Technical Services to support the site design process in terms of internal electrical reticulation design, substation design and cost optimisation. Expand capability to also include high level civil design, layout energy optimisation and constraint analysis.
- Undertake site visits to review sites, collect onsite data and identify constraints using photos, GPS measurement and any other tools applicable.
- Support Business Development activities including preparation of tenders, provide input to financial models and travel within NSW and inter-state to attend meetings and conferences as required.
- Provision of written material and presentations regarding technical issues for inclusion in board papers, workshops, investment memorandums and permitting documents as required.
- Continually learn new technical skills and keep up to date with market and industry technology to deliver the responsibilities of the role.
You will have:
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience• Good understanding of the National Electricity Market (NEM) and the transmission system that underpins its operations• Experience in the connection of projects to the NEM through the AEMO registration process.
- Capability to assess changes and identify opportunities within the NEM.
- Solid understanding of the generator connection process in the NEM
- Good understanding of power systems engineering and/or converter design.
- Experience in commissioning and generating assets including R0, R1 and R2 submissions.
- Generator and power systems modelling experience (wind farm modelling highly valued) with PSSE and/or PSCAD and/or Power Factory.
- Experience in negotiation with major stakeholders (AEMO, TNSPs, consultants and developers) will be highly regarded.
- High-level organisation skills including well-developed priority-setting skills and the ability to meet deadlines• Engineering Degree (Electrical).
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
What’s on offer:
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility.
CWP Renewables also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Visit our website to learn more about us.
How to apply:
Please click on the "Apply" button above. Applications close on Friday 23 July 2021. Submit your updated resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to be considered for the role. Please monitor your email regarding communication on progress of your application.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What is your expected annual base salary? How much notice are you required to give your current employer?