Founded in 2012 by Pâris Mouratoglou and David Corchia, Total Eren develops, invests in, finances, builds and operates renewable energy power plants (solar, wind, hydro) representing a gross capacity of more than 3,300 MW in operation or under construction worldwide.
Total Eren is currently developing numerous energy projects in countries and regions where renewable energy represents an economically viable response to growing energy demand such as in Australia, Europe, Central and South Asia, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Africa. The objective is to achieve a global gross installed capacity of more than 5GW by 2022.
Since December 2017, TotalEnergies (formerly known as Total S.A), the major energy company, has been participating as a shareholder of Total Eren. In Australia, Total Eren has developed, constructed and owns Victoria's largest solar farm (256 MWp Kiamal Solar Farm) and is seeking to significantly grow its development pipeline over the next 5 years. For more information, please visit www.total-eren.com
About the role
Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Head of Engineering & Operations, we are seeking an experienced HSE Manager with a strong commitment to ensuring we provide a safe and healthy workplace across all offices, construction and operational renewable energy sites in Australia, as well as minimising our impacts on the environment.
- Supported by our growing Legal, Development, Asset Management and Technical teams, your key responsibilities will include proactively identifying HSE risks in the office and on projects, educating Management, Project Managers and Project Directors on relevant risk mitigation strategies, including contractor management and safety in design, construction and operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake a rigorous Risk Assessment analysis across all renewable energy projects through pre-construction,
construction and operations in Australia
- Develop and implement a National HSE strategy based on best practice
- Develop and deliver a National HSE Management System and initiatives relevant to the different states and territories Total Eren Australia operates in
- Work closely with our in house legal team to identify legal requirements, monitor and communicate legislative changes to relevant staff and develop appropriate HSE policies and procedures for all areas of the business
- Evaluate compliance within the various states and territories
- Monitor HSE performance, identify trends, and make recommendations to management
- Manage and facilitate National HSE consultation arrangements
- Regularly undertake site HSE inspections and audits nationally across all renewable energy assets
- Review Contractors’ and Subcontractor SWMS and HSE Management Plans
- Ensure effective implementation of safety and environmental procedures and practices onsite and demonstrating a “Safe Working Culture”. Ensure all activities onsite are undertaken in a safe manner, and with the application of suitable frameworks and documentation in accordance with legislation and requirements
- Maintain training needs analysis, monitor completion and delivery of training, including new starter inductions for all staff
- Demonstratable experience in HSE across construction sites
Skills and experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working as an HSE Manager in the energy sector with experience in construction sites
- Strong ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders and influence at different levels of an organisation to improve safety culture and performance
- Demonstrated experience in developing HSE strategies
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on HSE initiatives and undertaking HSE inspections and incident investigations
- An ability to exercise sound judgement and decisiveness with problem solving
- Developing content and delivering HSE training and presentations
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong stakeholder management skills and commercial acumen, with the ability to understand and integrate
- HSE requirements and business needs
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including consultation and negotiation, presentation skills
- Available to travel nationally as required
- Valid driver’s licence
Benefits and perks
- A highly competitive remuneration package and generous bonus opportunities;
- Genuine flexibility to help navigate the ongoing juggle of work and life
- Growing team with excellent career progression opportunities throughout the APAC region;
- Sociable culture with opportunities to engage with your colleagues from around Australia
- Total Eren is one of the world's leading renewable energy power producers with over 3.6 GW of onshore wind and PV assets with a strategic partnership with TotalEnergies;
- Total Eren is an IPP and long-term investor, with and its first Australian asset investment commencing in August 2018 - the 256 MWp Kiamal Solar Farm, Victoria's largest solar farm;
To be eligible for consideration all applicants must be an Australian Citizen / Australian Permanent Resident / New
Zealand Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia and be willing to undertake the necessary pre-employment checks which may include a Medical and a National Police Check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from
minority groups are encouraged to apply.