As we expand our operations, Acciona Energía has an exciting and brand-new opportunity for a commercially minded Technical Specialist who will lead and support initiatives across our turbine platforms (Nordex) nationally. In this role you will improve the safety, cost-effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of Acciona Energía's in-house operations and maintenance team. This will involve close and consistent communication between the site-based O&M teams and the corporate Engineering team (Spain) to improve the performance of this new platform.
- Provide direct technical leadership and inputs as part of asset handover and operational integration to ensure the efficient and effective transfer of projects to O&M.
- Monitor technical problems and provide proactive technical advice to diagnose and remediate.
- Interaction with technology OEM for technical matters (remote and face-to-face).
- Know the platform specific maintenance system/s of the technology OEM (preventive, corrective and predictive).
- Monitor and improve turbine reliability to optimise production.
- Reduce the cost of O&M with the best preventive and corrective plans.
- Identify and implement improvements in the turbine to increase performance/yield.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Full Australian work rights
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualifications.
- Former engineering experience in either Electrical or Mechanical
- Professional experience in the wind sector and with advanced knowledge of sector-specific operation and maintenance systems and processes.
- Prior technical knowledge of Nordex technology an advantage).
- Ability to analyse problems and issues and identify and implement effective resolutions in a fast-paced environment to optimise production outcomes.
- Excellent communication, organization, leadership, and negotiation skills. Ability to clearly communicate detailed information accurately.
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks at heights.
- Current Driver’s License.
- This role will be based in Melbourne and will require frequent travel to Mortlake South Wind Farm, MacIntyre Wind Farm and other sites as required.
- International travel may also be required from time to time.
ACCIONA has been given the Top Employer 2022 certification in Australia, which certifies the company's commitment to excellence in human resources management and those who focus on putting their people first through their exceptional HR policies. Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA has made significant investments in local opportunities and project development. ACCIONA employs more than 3,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across Australia & New Zealand