Due to growth, our fantastic Power Systems team is hiring once again. Based in the Melbourne head office and reporting to the Connections Manager, the Power Systems Engineer will join a close knit team of six and be responsible for the development of power systems models and preparation reports. The role will support feasibility studies, grid connection applications, providing technical support during project execution and supporting the asset operations team in managing GPS compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity and time to join ACCIONA as we continue growth through new and exciting projects. Get exposure to a variety of projects, end to end, from conception through to the operational phases with a global leader in renewables.
- Develop trusted working relationships with head-office, internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of submissions to grid authority in response to grid code and rules changes.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of the technical standards and company procedures.
- Perform PSSE and PSCAD modelling to assess system faults, load flow and dynamic analysis in distribution and transmission systems.
- Assist in the development of Generator Performance Standards documentation.
- Preparation of connection application model study reports for TNSP and AEMO.
- Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including AEMO, TNSPs / DNSPs, consultants and Acciona Energia counterparts.
- Develop connection enquiries and assist with generation license and registration applications.
- Provide Power System Engineering advice and support throughout all phases of project construction.
- Assist in the development of Generator commissioning plans and R2 testing requirements.
- Assist with the coordination of GPS hold point testing and the review hold point test reports.
- Resolution of grid and electrical technical issues during the construction and operational phases.
Required skills and competencies:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable qualifications.
- Experience in grid systems modelling.
- Must have experience in PSSE and/or PSCAD and Powerfactory.
- Strong technical report writing skills with proven ability to produce high-quality interconnection reports and business case reports based on your analysis and recommendations.
- Experience in grid connection procedures with AEMO, DNSP’s & TNSP’s.
- Experience producing and reviewing engineering specifications and drawings.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to project sites, as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.