This role is responsible for coordinating inputs into renewable energy and storage projects from initial project costing, tendering, corporate approval and through to financial close. The role is responsible for providing a quality handover to the construction team. In some cases, the role may continue with a project into construction and act as a project coordinator between the Australian local teams and global head office (Spain).
Management of staff and activities to achieve company objectives for the delivery of projects. Key aspects include:
- Provide Engineering & Construction (E&C) support to the Business Development (BD) area during the early project analysis phase
- Act as a conduit between BD and E&C, by understanding the requirements and drivers of BD and that they are communicated and coordinated effectively through to E&C, ensuring requirements are being met by E&C to ensure BD projects are progressing
- Prepare the project cost reports (IT’s) for all projects being submitted for investment approval
- Provide guidance, direction & advice to Project Directors/Managers regarding the delivery of wind farm projects
- Participate in high level project committees; both internal (such as PRC) and contract specific (e.g. PCGs) as required
- Take an active role in risk identification, management and mitigation throughout the project development
- Develop, implement, and continue to promote Project Management processes and procedures to improve the efficiency and standard of project management within the team and the organisation
- Undertake options analysis, combining multi-disciplinary inputs (technical and commercial) to provide recommended solutions for BD
Estimating & Tendering:
- Review tender documents, assessing scope, risk, complexity, and engineering and construction requirements to develop engineering, procurement, and delivery strategies
- Undertake preliminary design management for bidding activities
- Develop project procurement plans and gain internal endorsement
- Develop complete project CAPEX estimates using supplier and subcontractor tenders, estimates and internal costs, including risk based contingency assessment, cash flow forecasting and comparative analysis
- Review bid/ tender schedules and develop necessary construction documents such as preliminary project schedules, project plans, submission documents etc.
- Provide necessary support to the bid team in responding to tender queries.
Key Result Areas
- Delivery of projects on time and within budget, within the constraints of the external environment.
- Implementation of new and effective Project Management processes into the business.
- Delivery of recommended technical-commercial solutions for project configuration options Provide options analysis, risk assessment and recommendations for key technical decisions to be taken in the development phase.
The ability to focus the activity towards the achievement that brings value to ACCIONA.
Organisation and Planning
The ability to identify, evaluate and program what actions must be completed in order to reach a certain goal, how to carry out those actions and what are necessary resources to achieve the final objective.
Flexibility and Orientation towards Change
Modify behaviour, accepting changes in order to adapt to and anticipate new environment situations. It means modifying skills and abilities by developing a proactive attitude.
Team Development and Leadership
Behaviour geared towards motivating, developing, directing the group towards assigned objectives, establishing the most adequate degree of assignment for each professional, depending on his/her maturity, experience, and autonomy.
The ability to establish, keep and strengthen the achievement of Company goals through contacts and professional relationship networks.
Negotiation or mediation is the ability to convince and reach agreements that are beneficial to both parties, being able to establish long-lasting relationships with people from ACCIONA or with external clients/suppliers.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent
- 8 + years’ experience as a Project Manager, Project Engineer or Bid Manager
- Significant multi-disciplinary project management experience, ideally in wind farms or solar farms
- Experience in leadership or management roles highly desirable
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organisation