Global Development > Development ASP > Commercial Origination
We require strategic thinkers who can balance commercial attractiveness against technical risk to secure the best wind projects in Australia.
Calling on our experience as the largest wind supplier globally, Vestas has quickly established itself as one of the biggest wind energy developers in the region. Our team culture is built around working creatively and independently in an inclusive, supportive environment. Our team is spread across Australia and brings together different skills sets, backgrounds and cultures. Based in the Vestas Australian headquarters in Melbourne you will find yourself at the centre of the Australian wind industry.
- Identifying wind farm development opportunities
- Using advanced mapping techniques to identify and rank potential development sites.
- De-risking projects
- Engaging internal and external experts to evaluate technical and commercial project risks.
- Preparing investment recommendations
- Establishing development plans for projects including budgets and timelines for recommendation to our investment committee.
- Understanding the market
- Staying on top of the commercial and technical topics in the Australian energy market which impact wind farm projects. Using these insights to inform identifying, ranking and de-risking wind farm development opportunities
- Assisting to run the development team
- Contributing to the administration of contracts, payments and landowner agreements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Commerce or similar
- We are seeking new graduates and candidates who have worked full-time for 1-2 years.
- A strategic and entrepreneurial mindset
- A solid interest in the renewable energy industry
- Multi-tasking ability. This job will require you to balance many tasks at the same time
- A structured way of working. We work with tight deadlines which require development and execution of project plans
- Good IT ability
- This role will require you to develop GIS mapping and analysis skills
- Good commercial insight
What We Offer:
- A professional safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects.
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
- We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Please be advised to apply on or before 21st January 2022.