ABOUT WESTWIND ENERGY
WestWind Energy’s mission is to be a driver of change towards a sustainable energy future for our planet. We do this through the development of cost effective, renewable energy generation and storage solutions refined through technical excellence, commitment to communities, and cohesive company values.
- We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. We do what we say we will do, and people trust us to adhere to our word.
- Passion and determination are the heart of our company. We are committed to continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving.
- We have high standards for ourselves and partner with people and companies that value a job well done.
- We hold a high regard for nature and are committed to enhancing the environment, with business practices that are good for people, communities, and the planet.
- We embody a deep respect for people inside and outside our company and for the communities in which we work and live.
- We believe in building and creating a diverse team environment where employees are supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and respect each other both personally and professionally. Our employees think big, have fun, and feel proud of the work they do.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- We promote a culture focused on safety through collective commitment by leaders and individuals to emphasise safety over competing goals to ensure protection and wellbeing for our employees, contractors, and partners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Assist with the identification of suitable locations for potential renewable energy facilities
- Assist in the monitoring and development of project plans for the company’s work on renewable energy projects.
- Communicate effectively to all staff and project stakeholders – both written & verbal.
- Apply strong time management and problem-solving skills to projects.
- Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships across all stakeholder groups both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict project deadlines with competing priorities.
- Take ownership of work, ensuring completion with direction from management.
- Correlation between maps and onsite features to ensure factual correctness using reports, aerial photography, physical site truthing, GPS and relevant software systems.
- Assist with the preparation of topical presentations for the development team (ie. for panel hearings, stakeholder meetings and presentations to community groups, investors and others).
- Assist with wind monitoring campaigns (including the deployment of equipment) for the company’s work on renewable energy projects using conventional and emerging technologies
- Assist with desktop studies to inform risk assessment reports for management to assess potential project viability
- Under the guidance of your manager, assist in securing land tenure for project sites
- Assist with the production and assessment of development designs, studies and reports providing detailed comments and recommendations to management for consideration.
- Assist with the drawing and designing of renewable energy projects on Q-GIS or other relevant software systems.
- Assist with the management of GIS data and other spatial information for the company’s work on renewable energy projects, including assistance with Creating, compiling and maintaining company files.
- Attend project and development team meetings and provide timely project updates and reports to management, as required.
- Liaison with other project stakeholders, including community engagement and communications teams and actively updating the customer relationship management system.
- Assist in supporting project administration tasks as delegated by management.
- Other duties and tasks as required by management and advised from time to time.
CONSULTANT & CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT
- Assist in the management of external project consultants to ensure all relevant surveys, wind monitoring campaigns and site works comply with relevant regulations.
- Assist in reviewing contractors’ intellectual and physical works, including review of Method Statements and Risk Assessments. Attend work progress meetings, as required.
- Assist the development team to ensure all work from consultants and contractors complies with WestWind’s internal processes and procedures, is of a high professional standard, meets OH&S standards and is delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist contractor / consultant compliance with paddock protocols during all site works. Escalate any breaches of agreed protocols to management.
- Ability to relate to and understand landholder requirements and appreciate primary and secondary agri-business drivers.
- Communicate effectively with landholders to facilitate site access and achieve efficient and practical design solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with landholders to build trust and positive working relationships in all phases of project development.
- Ability to understand project land tenure documents and explain their meaning and use to landholders when queried. This includes explanation at the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Advise management of commercial questions / concerns from landholders and participate in discussions to find a resolution that works for all parties. Present WestWind commercial positions to landholders for consideration within limits of delegation.
- Escalate landholder issues and complaints to management where resolution is not available within limits of delegation.
- Ensure personal compliance with paddock protocols.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Create, maintain and foster a safe work environment.
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures personal health and safety, and that of others in the workplace and the public, where applicable.
- Regularly inspect own immediate work environment and report all hazards or incidents that can cause harm or that represent a threat to public safety.
- Ensure staff and contractors always follow safe work practices, procedures, instructions and rules and report and help to rectify potential breaches.
- Maintain register of onsite staff and contractors, manage site inductions an conduct pre-start meetings / toolbox meetings as required.
- Identify required updates to OHS inductions and revise material for management approval.
- Ensure that identified risks are reported to executive management and identified risk reduction strategies are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with WestWind Energy’s Occupational Health & Safety and Risk
- Management Policy and Procedures (provided to you upon commencement of employment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can-do, solution focused attitude.
- Ability to work in high paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, critical thinker.
- Multi-tasker who enjoys flexibility.
- Team oriented.
- Advanced computer hardware & software proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as required.
- Open Drivers license
- Current and full Covid-19 vaccination status
- Unrestricted Rights to Work in Australia
- Professional approach.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Resilient, critical thinking.
- Ability to relate and work with a diverse group of people.
- Committed to inclusivity
- Passion for renewables
- Gritty and determined