The Project Estimator and Scheduler is a newly created role and will be responsible for estimating, developing, implementing, maintaining, and tracking costs and schedule control strategies. Based in the ACCIONA Energy Melbourne head office (CBD), this role sits within our wider Engineering and Construction team and reports to the Senior Manager, Bids.
The ideal candidate will have experience estimating infrastructure projects across energy generation (wind and/or solar preferred) and be able to provide expertise around Australian construction norms, supplier prices and benchmarks to the Australian head office and wider teams in Spain.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make this role their own and take lead in the Estimating/ Scheduling function, working closely with Project Managers and having access to all the relevant technical and support teams including Development, Engineering and Construction, Finance, Legal and Procurement.
- Engage with Project Manager’s and disciplines including Business Development, Procurement, Legal, Engineering, Construction etc. to develop activity breakdowns and likely durations.
- Develop project baseline schedule.
- Maintain the project schedule during the development phase of the project life cycle.
- Manage, maintain, and report on multiple project schedules ongoing.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager – Bids and the Project Managers to monitor project performance and identify / flag issues affecting milestone delivery.
- Engage with project disciplines including Business Development, Procurement, Legal, Engineering, Construction to estimate and understand detailed activity cost breakdown and cashflow.
- Perform with bottom up CAPEX cost estimates.
- Develop, under guidance from the broader E&C team and in accordance with Acciona Energy WBS, the project cost baseline.
- Maintain the project cost management throughout the development phase of the project life cycle.
- Manage, maintain, and report on multiple project cost breakdowns ongoing.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager – Bids and the Project Managers to monitor project performance and identify / flag issues affecting project cost.
- Develop relationships across Australia and Spain to foster close working arrangements.
- Assist with Technical Investment Memo development.
- Provide a high level of diligence in record keeping and reporting.
Health and Safety
- Active participation in work health and safety initiatives and contribute to a positive and proactive safety culture.
- Make themselves aware of the relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience in project cost and schedule control (wind farm and or solar farm experience preferred).
- Good knowledge of planning and construction methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy in both time and cost.
- Strong stakeholder management and both verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.