Position description: Project Officer – Renewable Energy
Reports to: General Manager - Karlka Commerce (GM-Karlka Commerce)
Direct reports: Project Officer
About KNAC: Karlka Nyiyaparli Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (KNAC) is the registered native title body corporate (RNTBC) holding the native title in trust for the Nyiyaparli People pursuant to section 56 of the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth), following the approved determination of native title in Stock on behalf of the Nyiyaparli People v State of Western Australia (No 5)  FCA 1453 (Nyiyaparli Determination).
As the RNTBC for the Nyiyaparli People (trustee of native title), KNAC manages the native title rights and interests of the Nyiyaparli native title holders and is the “native title party” for the purposes of notification, consultation and negotiation under the Native Title Act 1993 (1993) (Native Title Act). KNAC understands the need to efficiently manage core business elements and proactively pursue opportunities which provide sustainable outcomes for its members.
Role overview: This role assists the GM - Karlka Commerce with establishing Karlka Renewable Advisory team and leads the Karlka Commerce Renewable Energy initiative.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the development of the Karlka Commerce Renewables Advisory team to support Karlka Commerce's strategic plan and objectives.
- Collaboration across internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives and manage collaborative working relationships.
- Develop a Renewable Energy Investment Research Plan.
- Investigate and present Renewable Energy Sector in Western Australia, specifically focusing on the Pilbara Region.
- Establish Renewable Energy Steering Committee.
- Evaluation and presentation of Renewable Energy opportunities for the presentation to Renewable Energy Steering Committee and KNAC Board.
- Develop a Renewable Investment Strategy and a Communication and Engagement Plan.
- Build the capacity and success of Commerce Renewable Advisory by developing strong partnerships and alliances.
- Manage Commerce Renewable Advisory approved budgets.
- Compliance with KNAC Policies and procedures, and legislative requirements, including OH&S.
- Report to the General Manager – Karlka Commerce on the Renewable Initiatives and all other business matters within the Karlka Commerce Renewable Advisory.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ renewable energy sector experience with a deep knowledge of the renewable sector, and understanding of Western Australia Government policy and current funding and initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field is required. A post-graduate degree in renewable energy or similar is desirable.
- Analytical skills including the ability to conduct a preliminary exploration of renewable energy, identify new investment
opportunities and develop systems to create Karlka Commerce Renewable Advisory.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote collaboration.
- Ability to build client relationships with our external stakeholders to identify possible new opportunities, build a strong network, and continually develop industry knowledge.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills; to present strategy and concepts to KNAC Board, Senior Management, and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills coupled with project management disciplines, allowing to transition from a concept from ideation to commercialisation.
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances.
- Current WA driver’s licence.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Strategic analysis and concept development
- Renewable Energy Investment Research Plan for presentation to the KNAC Board.
- Renewable Investment Strategy presentation to the Steering Committee for recommendation to KNAC Board.
- Communication and Engagement Plan to the Steering Committee for recommendation to KNAC Board.
- Establish stakeholder engagement meetings specifically related to Renewable discussions.
- Develop relationships with industry bodies, and, where appropriate, signup for memberships on behalf of KNAC.
- Manage partnerships on approved projects.
Renewable Advisory Steering Committee
- Establish a Renewable Advisory Steering Committee.
- Develop Steering Committee Charter.
- Maintain all minutes, committee documents and timely reporting to the KNAC Board.
- Weekly management meeting with GM Karlka Commerce aligned to Karlka Commerce KPI.
- Mapping tools regularly updated and reported monthly to the GM Karlka Commerce and for the information of the Board.
- Collaboration with other departments, building an inclusive, welcoming, and safe workplace culture.
Demonstration of Values
- Actively demonstrate alignment with the commitment of KNAC to support Nyiyaparli peoples.
- Work in the best interests of KNAC.
- At all times, demonstrate respect and integrity, including in interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Professional Skills and Development
- Identify relevant professional development opportunities to ensure ongoing growth.