- Established leader in the Australian renewable energy sector
- Entry-level role with unparalleled career progression opportunities
- Motivated management team who will support your journey to becoming the SME.
About the Company
Arguably, Australia’s most successful independent power producer who has an impressive portfolio consisting of wind farms, solar farms and battery storage and who is now looking to build upon their internal regulatory, policy and market expertise. This company is sought after and an employer of choice for professionals within the renewable energy industry.
The Role - Organisational Context & Purpose
- The NEM is undergoing rapid technological change. This is clashing with legacy structures built for another time which need adjustment.
- This opening is being used as an excuse to push other agendas from many different parties resulting in chaotic and frenetic regulatory change.
- This role will provide a quantitative perspective to the regulatory and policy changes within the National Electricity Market and will provide support to navigate the complexity of these changes.
- This opportunity is unique in that it has the potential to grow to be the stand-alone internal subject matter expert who will grow to be confident in guiding and influencing the company’s position in the regulatory and policy spheres, both internally and externally.
- This role reports to an experienced leader who is motivated to support and develop the person to become the internal regulatory & policy go-to person.
- This role also has the advantage of being able to draw on the internal depth of expertise of the wider team.
- This role would suit someone who has just completed a quantitative qualification, and who is interested in applying this to policy and regulation.
- Undertake policy and economic research and analysis to ascertain the company’s position on regulatory reforms to the National Electricity Market.
- Support drafting reports and consultation papers.
- Communicate activity with internal stakeholders, and later external stakeholders also.
- Support external stakeholder engagement processes with governing bodies and other participants.
- Support the energy markets teams with analysis & reporting
Skills & Experience
- Confident verbal reasoning skills
- Quantitative. Skilled in statistical, financial, or technical analysis
- Passionate about the clean energy transition
- Experience with data analysis tools such as SQL is favourable.
- Experience in National Electricity Market is valued
- Graduate or Master level degree in economics, engineering, science, or finance
How to apply
If you are interested and believe you have the required experience, please apply now with your updated CV to Priscilla Kumar - or email [email protected] or [email protected] to set up a discussion.