This role supports ACCIONA Energia’s Queensland-based projects in the delivery of genuine and targeted Indigenous engagement strategies and plans. The incumbent will work closely with the Corporate Indigenous Engagement Manager to encourage opportunities for partnerships with, and learning from, First Nations people in and around the communities in which Energia’s projects are based. The role will also work directly with project personnel to ensure that our project teams acknowledge and promote the fundamental human rights of First Nations people as articulated in the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Develop and review ACCIONA Energia’s project-specific Indigenous Participation Plans
- Act as the primary point of contact with project-related Traditional Owners in Queensland.
- Coordinate cultural heritage survey requirements including procurement of services, review of proposals and liaison with relevant Aboriginal Endorsed Parties and nominated contracted service providers.
- Assist in supporting successful engagement of and negotiations with relevant Indigenous parties Program wide.
- Provide guidance to Site Supervisors and Project Managers on day-to-day cultural heritage management requirements with regard to relevant legislation and ACCIONA Energia internal processes.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, tracking and oversight to work undertaken through surveys and field work, ensuring it is compliant and in accordance with relevant management plans and/or agreements between Acciona Energia and relevant Aboriginal Endorsed Parties.
- Provide guidance and support the delivery of project-specific social investment programs to Aboriginal communities.
- Act autonomously as a key/formal company contact point for communication and engagement with Indigenous group representatives, including face-to-face meetings.
- Support and develop strategies for ACCIONA Energia to meet or exceed its project-related Indigenous targets for training, employment and contracting opportunities.
- Provide early input into contracts to support Indigenous targets and manage project-level contractor and service provider relationship issues which may impact Indigenous groups.
- Support the project team to develop strategies to maximise Indigenous employment and retention.
- Work with Indigenous suppliers to increase access to ACCIONA Energia’s supply chain for Queensland projects.
Education and awareness
- Support the organisation in relation to upskilling opportunities across the business and at project level, including coordination of cultural awareness training for all Queensland-based project teams.
- Recognise opportunities for additional training and education pertaining to Indigenous self-determination at the project level.
Organisation and Planning (Level 1)
Ability to identify, evaluate and program what actions must be completed in order to reach a certain goal, how to carry out those actions and what are necessary resources to achieve the final objective.
Quality Management (Level 1)
Be familiar with procedures and contribute to carrying them out, and set the example for fulfilling, disseminating and improving processes and procedures by applying his/her professional knowledge.
Initiative and Innovation (Level 1)
The ability to act in a proactive manner, anticipating needs, identifying opportunities and taking calculated risks. Ability to proactively introduce new and creative approaches to activities, work processes, and products, as well as improving the vision of existing work approaches.
Teamwork (Level 2)
The ability to cooperate with others, within and outside the team, establishing an efficient work relationship and fluid communication that will contribute to the achievement of objectives.
Communication (Level 1)
The ability to express ideas, in a clear and convincing manner, listening and being receptive to the proposals of others as well as the ability to turn said ideas into documents and reports. Ability to present ideas before groups or organizations and obtain their commitment.
- Tertiary qualification or relevant professional experience in a similar industry
- Experience in engaging effectively with Indigenous communities
- Experience with project development/planning and/or construction
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth and State Indigenous cultural heritage legislation, regulation, policy and guidelines.
- Demonstrated consultation and stakeholder management skills, including a demonstrated ability to liaise with and foster effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as Indigenous parties, heritage conservation groups, government officials and other parties while exercising sound judgement and appropriate discretion.
- Demonstrated facilitation, negotiation and conflict management skills for the management of cross-cultural issues.
- High level of personal organisation, written communication skills and project management skills with the ability to work independently without supervision, and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of and proven ability to implement Workplace, Health and Safety practices throughout all aspects of daily work activities.
- Current driver's licence and a willingness to travel and be on site for short periods of time