RES Group Australia
Closing date 30 March 2023
Apply via email
Lead the procurement of development, construction, operations and maintenance related contracts for RES Australia Renewable Energy Projects
• Work across a portfolio of large-scale wind, solar, battery storage and hybridprojects
• Amazing career development opportunities
• Permanent role - Brisbane/Melbourne/Sydney based role
RES Australia acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea, and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
RES is the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. At the forefront of the industry for over 40 years, RES has delivered more than 23GW of renewable energy projects across the globe and supports an operational asset portfolio exceeding 12GW worldwide for a large client base.
We are driven by our vision to create a future where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. We are proud of the 21 million tonnes of carbon offset each year by our global portfolio of renewable energy projects and we are proud of the people that developed and built them.
At RES we celebrate differences as we know it makes our company a great place to work. We embrace the values of an innovative and diverse workforce and recognize that inclusion sets everyone up for success.
We are committed to maintaining an environment where everyone feels that they belong by demonstrating a culture of care and respect in what we say and what we do. Application are highly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, any gender and age, and applicants from the LGBTIQ+ community.
What we offer
We recognise that our people are our most important asset. We are dedicated to the personal and professional development of our employees via training and development opportunities and sponsored education. We also encourage better work-life balance through flexible working.
Some of our other benefits include a competitive bonus and parental leave entitlement, 25 days leave, financial contribution towards annual skin checks, flu vaccinations, eye care, professional trade subscription's, professional body membership, paid volunteer days and a charity matching scheme.
About the Role
Working closely with the Development, Commercial and Engineering teams, the Procurement Manager will manage relationships with the local supply chain and obtain, manage and disseminate market intelligence to deliver improvements in performance, cost, quality and safety of RES Australia’s wind, solar and energy storage projects. The Procurement Manager will also work with the Group Strategic Procurement Team in relation to supporting input on the global technology supply chain strategies for wind turbines, inverters, modules and batteries and then ensuring technology supply chain selection aligns with the global strategies.
You will be a proven leader who has exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure with high levels of accuracy and atention to detail. Engaging effectively with industry technical experts, applying
professional relationships and external expertise to develop successful collaborations will be essential in this role.
• Manage the procurement of development, construction or operations and maintenance related contracts on projects as assigned, including administration of tender procedures, tender evaluation based on a quantitative and qualitative assessment of offers received and presenting recommendations to senior management. Ensure procurement processes reflect Group processes and support improvements in procurement processes.
• Support complex contract negotiations with RES Australia’s clients and/or project equity & debt providers and provide contract commercial management support to the RES Australia business.
• Supervise the definition of the procurement strategy for projects to which they are assigned, ensuring promotion of LCOE reduction, sustainability, local content and best in class health & safety and alignment with global technology supply chain strategies. Ensure an inclusive approach to such procurement strategy seeking input from all departments and the strategic procurement team to deliver a risk-optimized strategy for the project.
• Support and collaborate with other members of the Commercial Team on development and implementation of RES Australia’s supply chain processes. Seek guidance and provide local context on group strategic procurement and support implementation of key strategic relationships within Australia (wind turbines, batteries etc).
• Collaborate with the Procurement team (local and global) and Engineering team to manage a database to capture Australian market intelligence and share this, together with feedback on supplier performance.
• Be an exemplary role model to encourage the avoidance of risk-taking behaviours across the business and provide the personal commitment never to “risk it”.
Experience & Qualifications
• Degree in Engineering, Law, or Business or equivalent industry experience
• Experience in large-scale renewable energy, infrastructure, or construction projects, with a focus on construction, engineering or project financing
• Proven track record of negotiating's high level multi-disciplinary engineering, construction or procurement contracts
• Knowledge of different procurement methods, e.g. split scope contracting.
• Working knowledge of standard forms of engineering, construction and procurement contracts (e.g. EPC, O&M) including technical specifications and their attachments.
• Strong interpersonal skill set including ability to build relationships and influence colleagues, supply chain and external stakeholders
How to apply
If you are interested and believe you have the required experience, please apply now with your updated CV or call 02 8079 0900 for a confidential discussion. ACRWORLD have been engaged under an ongoing exclusive partnership agreement with RES Group Australia and any direct applications received will be forwarded to ACRWORLD to manage. Applicants will be selected by RES Group Australia for interview