CWP Renewables is the leading renewable energy developer, owner and asset manager. The company has over two decades of renewable energy experience, with corporate offices in Sydney (Eora Nation), development activities coordinated from its NSW base in Newcastle (Awabakal Nation) and our Construction and Operations centre based in Canberra (Ngunnawal Nation). CWP Renewables' philosophy is to manage each project from inception through to full operation which is key to its success and involves genuine engagement with all stakeholders, at every stage of each project. CWP Renewables is proud of the recent completion of our Reflect Level RAP.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Project Manager to assist in leading our newly created Melbourne team.
- Oversee and be hands-on in the development of Victorian renewable energy generation and storage projects by supporting project partners, providing advice where required, reviewing project plans, budgets and risk assessments and assistance in liaising with clients or regulators where required.
- Conduct reviews of property agreements required for the projects in consultation with the legal team.
- Participation in prospecting for renewable energy and storage projects, including providing advice and hands-on support to the project and prospecting teams with regards to data collection and feasibility reporting.
- Work with the development and technical services teams to develop robust projects.
- Support the consultation process with relevant planning authorities, regulators, general public, landowners, project partners and other stakeholders.
- Manage and lead the work of a team focused on deploying firm renewable energy generation technologies; provide motivation, encouragement, and opportunities for development; manage any underperformance issues if required in consultation with People and Culture.
- Keep a watching brief of energy policy development and attend industry conferences where relevant or required.
- Support and prepare board papers, as required.
You will have:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience developing and managing utility scale renewable energy generation and storage projects and teams specifically in the Australian market.
- Degree qualified in law, planning, engineering, finance, environmental science or related field (or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of the Australian energy market.
- Previous experience within feasibility and due diligence of new opportunities and making recommendations for investment.
- Ability to understand and influence key decision makers. Experience motivating high performing teams.
- Capacity to manage high stress situations.
- Collaborative management style and team building skills
What’s on Offer
In addition to a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits, employees have the opportunity to access training and career development, and workplace flexibility.