Renewable Energy Leader BayWa r.e. Projects Australia Recruiting a Senior Resource Engineer
r.e think your career
Make the change. Join us. Find purpose. We value talent.
We are recruiting an experienced Senior Resource Engineer to lead the provision of expert engineering services supporting prospecting, resource and site assessment, design, construction and operation. The location for this role is flexible across our hubs with a preference for Brisbane.
In this role you will lead resource assessment and engineering being responsible for:
- Coordination and provision of expert engineering input into the assessment, development, construction, and operation of generation opportunities
- Supporting activities in prospecting, feasibility, and due diligence
- Undertaking wind and solar resource measurement campaigns in accordance with best industry practice to deliver optimal project financeable solutions-Leading energy yield analysis, optimal project layouts, and design
- Supporting commercial review, drafting and negotiation of technical aspects of procurement and Construction and Operation and Maintenance agreements
- Managing internal and external engineering and technical support, including two internal reports in Australia and integration with the APAC engineering team-Integrating and contributing to the BayWa r.e. technical team internationally
- Managing assigned budgets within agreed parameters
- Management of the Engineering team to deliver high performance outcomes-Innovation and excellence in engineering
- Adhering to company policies with a strong focus on the environment, and health and safety. Leading safety in design
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A leader in the field of resource assessment and engineering of renewable energy generation projects (wind, solar, BESS, hydrogen)
- An energetic manager of high-performance teams who naturally uses visionary and coaching leadership styles. You will lead with enthusiasm, compassion, and be a lifelong learner
- Min Bachelor of Engineer with honours
- 7+ years’ experience in the Renewable Energy sector (+2 Australia)
- Willing to travel and capable to travel to sites which will involve walking, and/or, driving off road across site etc
Why you should join the team:
- You want to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy.
- We are the ideal employer for all who want to make a difference and drive innovation for a sustainable future.
- We provide a flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- You will be part of the BayWa group, a family of globally successful businesses-We are diverse and inclusive with a strong culture focusing on employee wellbeing.