The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 7,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
About the role:
Bring your Electrical Engineering and technical skills to play a key role in maintaining a high standard of integrity within the clean energy industry!
- Help raise the quality of distributed renewable energy products in Australia
- Exceptional team environment and purpose-driven organisation
- Flexible working arrangements - part-time or full-time, permanent role, remote working an option.
Reporting to the Product Program Manager, the Senior Product Program Specialist will work with all members of our Products Team to provide ongoing support to the operations and development of the Clean Energy Council's (CEC) Approved Products program. The role’s primary focus and responsibility will be managing complex applications, resolving disputes regarding the program, providing input into standards development and training other staff.
Key objectives of the Senior Product Program Specialist role are to:
- provide training, advice and guidance to other members of the team
- review and process applications for the CEC Approved Product List, including:
- PV modules
- inverters and PCE
- energy storage devices
- any future listed product categories.
- review and implement suspensions and removal of products from lists
- prepare communications material regarding the CEC product listing process and requirements, including website updates and bulletins
- respond to technical queries related to product listing from CEC members, accredited installers and product manufacturers/importers
- maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Australian and international standards for small-scale renewable energy products and of the testing process and certification schemes associated with these.
The ideal candidate will have:
- electrical engineering qualifications (degree)
- CEC design accreditation for grid connect and/or standalone PV systems - preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry
- experience in answering technical questions and communicating complex information
- experience in design, manufacturing, testing or certification would be beneficial
- experience designing and/or installing PV and energy storage systems - preferred
- good computer skills - including MS Office and working with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to quickly learn new processes and adapt to a changing work environment
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- strong time management skills
- comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislative and statutory provisions, standards and frameworks relating to the PV sector and electricity supply sector
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- competitive salary package
- fabulous team environment
- passionate and driven, value-based organisation.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to Serena Gleeson at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed progressively.
Please note, only successful candidates will be notified.