Working as a Service Technician at Vestas is your opportunity to leverage your electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience while being part of the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. In Vestas, we have installed more wind power than anyone else, and the maintenance and service activities you do every day will contribute to us maintaining the best possible quality vital for both our customers and the very planet.
We offer technical training programs to ensure that Vestas’ Service Technicians are some of the most technically accomplished people in the industry. We take elaborate measures to keep you safe – at Vestas, we operate by a safety-first principle, and working safely is a condition of employment.
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensure that service targets are met.
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting.
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control.
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed.
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes.
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs.
- Electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic Trade accompanied by a passion to develop your skills further within these fields.
- Good computer skills; experienced in handling different tools or systems to monitor work and documentation.
Good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Valid driver's license.
- A significant understanding of and commitment to the highest standard of health and safety in the work environment.
- Ability to climb a wind turbine and perform tough physical work in heights as well as in various weather conditions.
- Open to travel to other sites when required.
- Enjoy working in teams and communicating with numerous stakeholders; you will work closely with others in the field but also connect with the wider business solutions.