Wind. It means the world to us. Join Vestas, the only global energy company dedicated exclusively to wind energy.
We are currently recruiting a skilled electrical supervisor to ensure the electrical aspects of its construction projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements and best practices.
Ideally, you will be a skilled and highly motivated detail-orientated Front-Line Manager presenting considerable experience within construction, commissioning, communications, and client liaison positions. Can direct complex projects from concept to fully operational status with leadership capabilities in an organised fashion. Show initiative by being a detail-directed problem solver, experience in high-priority environments demonstrates a high quality of service.
- High Voltage Operations and Energy control coordinator during commissioning.
- Ensure electrical deliverables required submitted in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Participate in Safety Design reviews, inspection, and test planning of electrical components and infrastructure.
- Reporting on progress of inspections/tests and QA/QC submissions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical queries, variation, and payment claims.
- Prepare and carry out HV switching operations on-site.
- Ensure switching and LOTO systems are implemented and followed on-site.
- Monitor BOP progress and contribute to deriving solutions or mitigation measures should delay being incurred.
- Maintain a good working relationship with onsite clients and contractors.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with Quality and Site Safety requirements at all times.
- High Voltage Operating Authority - UEPOPS/UETTD.
- Electrical License Unrestricted.
- LOTO ECC (Energy Control Coordinator).
- TAFE or postgraduate qualifications are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Ideally five years on-site experienc
- Management of subcontractors in a site-based, construction environment.
- A constructability review of electrical design in a construction environment.
- Experience with substation construction highly valued.
- Experience with MV/HV cable reticulation and transmission construction highly valued.
- Well-developed knowledge of industrial legislation, Australian standards, site-specific standards, and Local Laws.
- Extensive knowledge in construction and commissioning large scale plants.
- Proven ability to provide a mentoring role to improve team members skills.
- Experience in doing negotiation with major stakeholders, both clients/contractors.
- Ability to ensure safe and controlled operations within a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in the construction of Wind farms beneficial but not mandatory.
- Advanced use of MS Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication/negotiation.
- Relationship building, both internal and external.
- Focused view and practical approach toward the role.
- Safety and Risk Awareness.