Fantastic opportunity to join Next Generation Electrical (NG/E), an electrical contracting business that focuses on renewable energy solutions, such as rooftop solar, microgrids, solar farms, EV charging stations and energy storage (battery), in addition to providing electrical solutions to domestic and commercial customers.
We are seeking an experienced Site Manager to join our Delivery team to assist in managing an electrical, energy, civil and renewable project in Yadlamalka, South Australia region. The role will require you to set up site, successfully run the site on a day-to-day basis (including site meetings), manage all contractors and staff onsite and have site control from completion and handover. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this role will include:
- HSE Management and enforcement.
- Ownership of quality control/assurance on-site (including defect resolution).
- Chairing and running weekly site meetings.
- Provide clear HSE leadership and direction to the site team.
- Tool Box meetings, inductions, HSE document reviews.
- Ensuring the safety of all personnel on-site – solid understanding of OH&S process.
- Manage contract processes associated with projects construction activities, including variations and EOT’s.
- HSE Audits (Quality & Environmental).
- Manage external clients to ensure all stakeholder and project requirements are met.
- Develop and manage effective customer relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Facilitate and run site management meetings.
- Ensuring daily checklists for mechanical plant and forklifts are carried out.
- Manage site mobilisation, demobilisation and day-to-day site logistics.
- Ensuring the site is clean and waste is disposed of correctly.
- Management of site registers and site-specific documentation.
- Management of goods receiving, distribution and quality auditing of stock.
- General laboring and other duties as requested
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be able to problem-solve, have a proactive work ethic coupled with the following qualifications, experience, & attributes:
- Current certification and qualification in the Electrical Trade.
- Two years minimum experience in a similar position within the construction industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with running a site for a solar project.
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing HSE procedures and promoting a safety culture onsite.
- Experience in managing both subcontractors and employees onsite.
- Developed understanding of QA & QC process and implementation onsite.
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to build strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Intermediate computer skills with a working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office package
If this is you, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter.