Renewable Energy Leader BayWa r.e. Projects Australia Recruiting a Team Leader Engineering
r.e think your career
Make the change. Join us. Find purpose. We value talent.
BayWa r.e. is a global renewable energy powerhouse, leaders in wind, solar, storage, and hydrogen in 30 countries. BayWa r.e Projects Australia is a relatively new and fast-growing female-led team given full rein to express its considerable abilities.
In this role you will lead resource assessment and engineering being responsible for:
- Coordination and provision of expert engineering input into the assessment, development, construction, and operation of generation opportunities
- Supporting activities in prospecting, feasibility, and due diligence
- Undertaking wind and solar resource measurement campaigns in accordance with best industry practice to deliver optimal project financeable solutions
- Leading energy yield analysis, optimal project layouts, and design
- Supporting commercial review, drafting and negotiation of technical aspects of procurement and Construction and Operation and Maintenance agreements
- Managing internal and external engineering and technical support, including two internal reports in Australia and integration with the APAC engineering team-Integrating and contributing to the BayWa r.e. technical team internationally
- Managing assigned budgets within agreed parameters
- Management of the Engineering team to deliver high performance outcomes
- Innovation and excellence in engineering
- Adhering to company policies with a strong focus on the environment, and health and safety. Leading safety in design
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A leader in the field of resource assessment and engineering of renewable energy generation projects (wind, solar, BESS, hydrogen)
- An energetic manager of high-performance teams who naturally uses visionary and coaching leadership styles. You will lead with enthusiasm, compassion, and be a lifelong learner
- Min Bachelor of Engineer with honours
- 7+ years’ experience in the Renewable Energy sector (+2 Australia)
- Willing to travel and capable to travel to sites which will involve walking, and/or, driving off road across site etc
Why you should join the team:
- You want to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your world class engineering knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy. We are the ideal employer for all who want to make a difference and drive innovation for a sustainable future.
- We provide a flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- You will be part of the BayWa group, a family of globally successful businesses
- We are diverse and inclusive with a strong culture focusing on employee wellbeing.