GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry
Amid growing electricity demand, rising fuel costs, and climate change concerns, GE Renewable Energy is focused on providing wind, hydro and innovative power solutions for customers
around the globe. With over 125 years of experience powering the world, GE has now become the largest renewable energy producer in the world, providing a wide range of offerings to meet customer needs.
Part of the Australia-based commercial operations team. The purpose of the Technical Bid Leader is to provide technical inputs for the development of proposals for supply, installation and operation of wind
turbines and associated equipment on wind farm projects. This is a key role in the analysis of wind farm configurations, preparation of proposals and bids, and negotiation of technical contract schedules, as well as coordinating global internal support functions and stakeholders, to assist commercial realization of Australia and New Zealand project sales.
- Lead the definition and delivery of all technical aspects of proposal development for allocated projects in the Commercial proposal phase (from bid to order).
- Provide project-based matrix leadership of the technical resources required to develop project solutions and specifications, including Wind Resource Assessment, Application Engineering, Product
Engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) Engineering and all other technical disciplines necessary for development of proposals.
- Take responsibility on allocated projects for delivering high quality, well defined, fully-costed technical proposals, which help position GE Renewable Energy to win profitable and executable orders.
- Own the technical analysis of customer inquiries, requests for quotations (RFQ) or tenders to determine proposal requirements, technical deviations, scope of supply and winning strategies.
- Provide support to the Sales and Commercial Leaders in closing orders by providing technical expertise and timely response to customer requirements within and across segments, and where required operate as point of customer contact during early stage Sales process as part of site optimization or wind engineering work.
- Manage technical interactions with the customer including setting up customer project kick-off, project reviews, etc. as applicable.
- Take initiative for control and reduction of cycle time reduction technical deliverables, proposal quality improvement and technical risk analysis optimisation.
- Lead technical participation in the Commercial risk management processes and meetings.
- Lead technical handover after deal closing to Projects (execution) team.
- Participate in broad Commercial Operations team processes, trainings and growth initiatives as requested by Commercial Director.
Skills and experience:
- Strong technical expertise, ideally in the renewable energy industry, including wind resources assessment, wind turbine products, wind project basics.
- Demonstrated business / commercial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Relevant professional experience in proposals / bid preparation and contract negotiation.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering.
- Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team-focused environment.
- Ability to travel within Australia, to wind farm sites as needed.
- Fluency in English language.
- Knowledge of wind engineering software is an advantage.
- Ability to influence others, and project manage tasks to achieve proposal schedules.
- Ability to lead technically based initiatives of some complexity and impact.
- Ability to coordinate activity on several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy products and markets.