Wind Engineer / Analyst
Epuron is an established renewable energy project developer in Australia, with extensive experience through the development cycle.
We are looking for an experienced wind resource analyst and engineer to join the team and support our expanding portfolio of projects across Australia.
The successful candidate will take ownership and responsibility for the design and analysis of wind farm developments, of measurement campaigns and data interpretation, and be a core part of a team developing major renewable energy projects.
A strong analytical capability, combined with practical thinking and mindset are essential, along with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines.
You will work closely with development project managers and third-party stakeholders to support the development of key projects.
Wind Farm Analysis
- Conduct wind data analysis and high-quality site assessment: Site conditions, noise, shadow flicker, constraints
- Undertake wind resource and energy yield assessments using best practice methodologies and software processes
- Design and optimise wind turbine layouts based on known site constraints and measured wind data
- Conduct initial environmental assessments for wind farm sites including noise and shadow flicker
- Assess the viability of new wind farm sites through mesoscale analysis
Wind Monitoring Management
- Conduct regular wind data reviews for fault identification, fault diagnosis and reporting related to field-based monitoring equipment
- Coordinate and oversee wind monitoring station (sodar and mast) maintenance, installation and decommissioning
- Conduct remote sensing validations
- Develop wind monitoring campaigns
- Conduct additional data analysis when required (e.g. related to grid connection)o Conduct analysis on optimal sizing of hybrid energy systems
- Create GIS files to assist in site design (e.g. slope maps, access track and reticulation layouts, terrain profiles, etc.)
- Create site maps and general reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant Degree in Engineering or Science
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar wind analysis role with demonstrable knowledge of best practice wind assessment methods, with relevant experience in
- CFD modelling and analysis
- Remote sensing and data validation
- Wind measurement
- Energy yield assessment, loss and uncertainty analysis
- Genuine working knowledge of relevant analysis software
- Wind farm: e.g. WindFarmer, WindPro, MeteoDyn, WindSim
- GIS software: MapInfo and QGIS
- Coding: Python
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
- Full legal rights to live and work in Australia
- The role is located in North Sydney.
If you're interested, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter supporting your suitability in the role to [email protected]