Considering battery storage?
Many people who install solar are now also installing batteries so they can store electricity generated by their solar panels for use when the sun isn’t shining.
A battery storage system can:
- Help reduce your reliance on electricity from the grid
- Maximise your solar panels by allowing you to capture solar energy that would normally be sent to the grid and save it for your own usage later in the day
- Offset the increased cost of power used during peak times
- Save money by storing energy from the grid overnight when prices are low to use during peak times when prices are high (depending on your power agreement)
- Provide electricity to your home during power outages (depending on your system)
- Reduce your exposure to future electricity price rises
To help you make the most informed decision on what is right for you, we have summarised some key points below.