Full course description
This is a discovery course for individuals who have recently transitioned or want to transition into the renewable energy industry. It is also perfect for organisations and industry bodies who would like to purchase a package of courses to onboard new employees who have not previously worked in the renewables sector.
In this course, you will discover the renewable energy industry landscape, investment and financial state, projects of interest and challenges facing the industry. This course has been divided into six modules, each of which explores the various renewable technologies in more detail.
The six modules are:
1. Introduction to renewable energy
2. Discover solar
3. Discover wind power
4. Discover hydropower
5. Discover energy storage
6. Emerging and alternative renewable technologies
The course is self-paced. You can enter and exit the course as you need to and complete it in your own time. You can also re-enter the course after it has been completed to re-visit any learning material.
Upon completion of this online course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different organisations that exist within the renewable energy industry landscape.
- Explain the levels of industry regulations and their role within the renewable energy industry.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the major technologies that make up Australia’s renewable energy mix.
- Identify the key issues and future challenges facing the renewable energy industry.
You will also earn a Foundational Learning Hub badge which can be shown on social media and digital CVs.